Naomi Watts and Leslie Mann wear very similar sunshine yellow strapless gowns

Naomi Watts and Leslie Mann wear very similar sunshine yellow strapless gowns

A Story by liker

Naomi Watts and Leslie Mann wear very similar sunshine yellow strapless gowns to the Golden Globes

It is every actress's nightmare - turning up on the red carpet in the same dress as another star.

And while Naomi Watts and Leslie Mann's Golden Globes gowns weren't identical, they looked VERY similar on Sunday night.

The two woman slipped into sunshine yellow strapless gowns for the event, held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.

Naomi, 46, showed off the fruits of her intense workouts in a Gucci gown, which featured delicate folds on the bust and was cinched in at the waist with a matching belt with bejeweled buckle.

She paired the elegant dress with Bvlgari jewels, including a giant snake choker, telling E! host Ryan Seacrest that 'it doesn't bite'.

Boosting her height in a pair of silver strappy stilettos, she flashed a hint of her trim pins through a tiny slit in the back of her dress.

Meanwhile, Leslie looked lovely in her lemon form-fitting frock, the sequin material clinging to her every curve.

The This Is 40 star opted to wear no necklace, but showed off a pair of giant drop earrings as her hair tumbled to one side.

Dress: yellow bridesmaid dresses uk

They jewels matched her gold and green clutch and she adorned her arm with several gold bangles.

Naomi's bid for an Oscar has hit a roadblock with the actress failing to get nominated for her role in comedy-drama St. Vincent at this year's Golden Globes.

The snub came after she nabbed a Best Supporting Actress nomination in the upcoming Screen Actors Guild Awards.

In St. Vincent, Naomi dons a prosthetic baby bump to play Daka, a pregnant Russian stripper.

She was pipped in the Supporting Actress category by Patricia Arquette (Boyhood), Meryl Streep (Into The Woods), Keira Knightley (The Imitation Game), Emma Stone (Birdman) and Jessica Chastain (A Most Violent Year).

Naomi's husband, Liev Schreiber is however nominated for Best Actor in a TV Series Drama for his starring role in Ray Donovan.

Perth-raised actress Frances O'Connor is nominated for Best Actress in a Mini-series or TV Movie for her performance in The Missing, in which she plays a mother suffering from the abduction of her young son during a family vacation in France.

O'Connor does however face tough competition from fellow nominees including Jessica Lange (American Horror Story: Freak Show), Frances McDormand (Olive Kitteridge), Maggie Gyllenhaal (The Honourable Woman) and Allison Tolman (Fargo).

It will be an Australasian battle for the Globe's Best Original Song category with Adelaide's Sia Furler up for a nomination for Opportunity from the new take on the classic musical Annie, competing against New Zealander Lorde's Yellow Flicker Beat from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I.

Meanwhile, The Lego Movie, made in Sydney by animation and visual effects studio Animal Logic, has scored a nomination for the animated movie category.

Angelina Jolie and her Australian-made World War II drama Unbroken were also snubbed by Globe voters.

Jolie was expected to be nominated for Best Director and Unbroken in the Best Motion Picture Drama category, but they received the cold shoulder.

The Globes are considered one of the best indicators of February 22's Academy Awards ceremony.

Also Read: vintage bridesmaid dresses

© 2015 liker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 12, 2015
Tags: dress, news, style