Woodrow Wilson ( President #28) (1913-1921)

Woodrow Wilson ( President #28) (1913-1921)

A Chapter by MandaBear
"

Twenty- Eighth President of the United States of America

"
Woodrow Wilson was number 28.
Like most presidents before him he was a war president.
World War One to be exact.
He once had sheep on the white house lawn to help with the grass and sold their wool to send to the Red Cross to help with WW1.
Woodrow Wilson passed legislation that gave women the right to vote. (YES)
He is the only president to have a PhD. It was from Johns Hopkins University.
Just like Theodore Roosevelt he won a Noble Peace Prize.
He won the award for his work for his work in the League of Nations. (Better known as the United Nations)
Woodrow Wilson was the first president to cross the Atlantic.
I guess you could say he "would row"(Woodrow)with a paddle.
He was the first to proclaim mothers day a holiday.
To bad he couldn't send his mom a Mothers Day card. (She died well before he became president)
Woodrow Wilson was dyslexia.
He didn't learn to read until age 10. (Give or take)
He became a teacher and an Author.
Just shows if you work hard at something you can do anything.
Woodrow Wilson was not without faults though.
He was for segregation not only to African Americans but also to the Irish American.
As the president of Princeton he wouldn't admit black students.
He was suspicious of Irish immigrants he felt the were not fully loyal to the U.S.
Woodrow Wilson not stopping there he supported "Birth of a Nation" (KKK movie)
He even went so far as to encourage the federal government to segregate.
He even asked the British to give Ireland its independence. (He didn't keep the promise)
Seems like number 28 had some issues or was born in the wrong time period! 
Woodrow Wilson had some good moments and some not so good.
Its the good, the bad and the ugly.
There is a saying just such an occasion.
"Going up a creek without a paddle"


© 2013 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The next two I read were really enjoyable. :D Taft and Wilson were both very interesting men.
I noticed a couple typos in this one:
"War War One" instead of "World War One" and Mother's Day should be capitalized. Other than those two typos, this was excellent. I can't wait to finish the collection.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Couple of typos: On the 3rd sentence, I believe you meant to say "World War One" instead of "war war one". And in the 4th stanza, you wrote "Woodrow..was dyslexia". I think the right term is "Woodrow...was *dyslexic*".
Other than that, I really enjoyed this one as well. I like how you put in the bad as well and you didn't omit it. Very good job ^_^ I enjoyed all the puns as well :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Its amazing how you have the ability to draw in your readers with the right amount of humor and the right amount of facts. I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

Posted 11 Years Ago


MandaBear

11 Years Ago

I am glad you really like them
Ahmad Cox

11 Years Ago

Yep. :)
You taught me a lot about one of my favorite Presidents. He is a example of a good leader with a different view on some topics. He did some good things and he had some odd ideas. Thank you for the good description of a great President.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

485 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on April 23, 2013

Meet the Presidents



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Siren Song Siren Song

A Poem by DreyaArt