Your ring (Tanka #5)

Your ring (Tanka #5)

A Poem by MandaBear
"

A happy Tanka #5 Let me know what you think!

"
                            
Your ring on my finger 
The special day has finally come 
Pretty in white and lace 
Two hearts become one this day
On our special wedding day 

© 2015 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

⊰ℛℛ⊱
Weddings are indeed beautiful, even more so when it's the first time around. Having never been married though, I have to wonder what goes through the mind of the man and the woman when they have earlier divorced and are marrying AGAIN.

Perhaps it's just me, maybe I don't have a clear picture, maybe I live in a fantasy world, but I feel if you get married, it's for life. If you get a divorce, you should go through the proceedings back at the church but get yelled obscenities at by the preacher for breaking your vows and everyone throws burnt rice at you and maybe they swirlie you in the church toilet with your wedding cake to top it all off. I don't know.

A divorce should never be so easy a thing as getting married. And yet it happens all the time. I know - there are many people who say a divorce is a necessary thing. But in that respect I bow my head respectfully and quietly say, "They you were not ready for the marriage."

These words especially reflect the iron-clad bond and love you share for each other:
"In the name of God, I, take you, to be mine, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death -- this is my solemn vow."

Honestly - how then does a divorce figure into this ?

What you wrote is beautiful, Amanda. I only wish all weddings were as pure and silver and permanent as the wonderful and lovely vows that are spoken in them.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Aww! Really cute one! Loved it! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2015
Tags: love, romance, wedding, heart, poem, poetry