Bond Of Dreams, Bond Of Love

Bond Of Dreams, Bond Of Love

A Chapter by MandaBear
"

Book One. I hope you enjoy!

"

By-Yaya Sakuragi 
(Book One)

Story- High school student Ao has been dreaming about his longtime neighbor Ryomei, a priest at the local shinto shrine. A little freaked out- and a lot excited- at the prospect of having a relationship with Ryomei, Ao gathers up his courage, confesses his feeling...and gets turned down flat. Luckily, Ao's not the kind to give up easily. Thanks to some creative persistence (and Ryamei's weakening resolve.) He finally gets a kiss. But one single kiss won't satisfy him for long! 

What a story to start out with in the first book right? So this Guy on Guy love book is not for everyone. While I can say it doesn't show every tiny detail it show what is going on between them (if you know what I mean). At first I must admit that I wasn't sure I was going to like this kind of book seeing how it is about a guy being with a guy. However, I am glad I tried something out of my comfort zone. I started reading the book and I must say I couldn't put it down! I really liked the characters and the story. I was left with will they? or wont they?. I had to read the next book to find out. I actually finished this series in a day. Like maybe a few hours. (I can be a slow reader sometimes lol) Granted it is a graphic novel (pictures) and being that you have to read it right to left instead of the usual left to right. Anyway, Let me tell you about the book. So like the story says we start out with a boy named Ao that has been dreaming some shall we say very "interesting" dreams about his long time neighbor Ryomei. Let me tell you those dreams he was having really took you for a loop. So Ao decides to tell Ryomei this feelings hoping this would lead to some kind of relationship. However, Ryomei is caught off guard by this sudden confession of love toward him that he turns Ao away by telling him that he is not interested in guys. Ao is not the kind to give up. He takes matters into his own hands to make Ryomei his or at the very least get a kiss.  I don't want to ruin what he does or the ending but I will say it is fitting. Again it left me wanting more! 

I would give this series a 5 out 5 stars. You have a sense of curiosity of the what if's and the will they or won't they bug. I personally enjoyed reading this book and highly recommend this book to anyone that likes to read Manga or if you want to go out of your comfort zone and read something you normally wouldn't read. Come join the Bond of Dreams Bond of Love world and see where the relationship takes you.


© 2014 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on January 8, 2014
Tags: manga, japanese, graphic novels, fun, review