A Ghostly Scent

A Ghostly Scent

A Story by MandaBear
"

A story for a contest. I hope you like it. I had to use these three phrases = Dancing, pitch black room, scent of lilacs.

"
For those who dare to read.....
Do you know the tale of the lilac killer? No? Well here is the dastardly tale of lilac killer. It all began in 1701. He was born to a lady of the night who couldn't take care of her baby and left him at the theater which doubled as an orphanage. This is the only world he has ever known. He grew up watching all the dancers dancing on the very stage where he was left. He was fascinated by they way they gracefully moved across the stage. He wanted to try for himself. So the young man did odd jobs for people to save up enough money to enter a dance class. He scrapped and scrounged his money for months and finally had enough. So he entered the class. He didn't have the right clothes but he did smell of lilac which made him stand out. He found a perfume that smelled of lilac to hide his smell of not having the proper bathing.  Beginning the class he found he was no good. Everyone laughed at him. The more he tried the worse he seemed to get. They worse he was the more they laughed. The more they laughed the more resentment he felt for them and dance. The young boy ran away from the class and never returned. He went back to the only home he knew, the theater. The young man who smelled of lilac is now grown up just as the kids are he once danced with. Most of them he's seen on his stage. They still laugh at him. One night as the stage was being set the young man heard the music and began to dance. The dancers all were gathering toward the stage for the first show of the season. As they walked pasted the young man they taunted him. Saying what a loser he was, how his dancing looked as though he was blind. They taunted him right up until the curtain call. They young man snapped. He has had enough. He waiting until the show was over and followed the main dancer to their dressing room. He turned off the lights so it was a pitch black room and stabbed to death the dancer. Leaving only the scent of lilac behind. He struck at every show they had at the theater each time taking the main dancer. A position he wish we was good enough to have. Each time leaving the scent of lilac. He was caught just before his last kill. The young man was hung for his crimes. They say that his ghost still haunts the very stage he called home. His ghosts haunts any dancer who taunts him and they soon are found dead with the scent of lilac left behind. 

© 2015 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the ghost story. And the title was very captivating I don't know why but it pulled me in. The tension building was great and I enjoyed reading this and might have to read more of your writing soon.

Posted 8 Years Ago


MandaBear

8 Years Ago

Well thank you so much for enjoying it! This was my first ever ghost story lol I hope you like what .. read more
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

You did a great job for your first ghost story. And I loved what I read :) And you dont have to but .. read more
Well, I dared to read this scary "murder/mystery". Well penned with tension building throughout. The 'lilac' imagery was blended in beautifully and the story line great! Bravo MandaBear.

Thank you so much for submitting your story to the challenge!

~ Helena ~

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2015
Last Updated on November 2, 2015