Your Name

Your Name

A Poem by MandaBear
"

i was inspired by a song i was listening to and i wrote it in about 5 minutes hope you enjoy :)

"
I dont even know your name, I only see you in a dream.
Something that only comes once a night. If you leave my dreams will go with you.
Seeing you there makes every inch go crazy yet,
I don't even know your name.

Who are you this person I crave? what makes me want you so?
Is it that charm you give; the loving feeling you give?
Or could it be the willingness to love
But yet I don't even know your name.

Something tells me I know your name.
Somewhere in my heart you lay.
Trapped in a portal of love in which you cant escape.
Yet still I don't even know your name.

Well soon find out what makes you so.
But all I know is you are mine and i'm yours
Forever and always and maybe this time I will know your name.

© 2013 MandaBear


Author's Note

MandaBear
comment if you like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is a longing and a passion for an unknown person whom you love....What a start it was Manda....Beautiful imagery and a lovely dream love.....Full ratings!!!....Very few can write a poem in such a short time, you are one of those few people....

Posted 8 Years Ago


MandaBear

8 Years Ago

Thank you. This is the first poem I ever wrote for this site. It was a challenge from a friend.
Ah, but what's in a name? If there's a piece of you that's missing, it can't be fixed by kissing or a little cozy-up with a silly buttercup but if you wish it so then I think that you will know it's only me and I am you an we are here together. :)

100 gummy bears (sorry if they're stale)

Posted 10 Years Ago


MandaBear

10 Years Ago

Thank you I love gummy bears!
this is has a mysterious edge to it...well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it.... I love this imagery of love from a dream... It's like you know he is real and not at the same time.... It's very romantic and Shakespearean like in a way :) I think this is one of my faves so far

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the dream like qualities of almost trying to manifest this person to you and then at the end you finish it off with "this time I will know your name". I love that because it says "no more" your ready.. :) x Great write..

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great, I did get a little bothered with the "u" and "i" things. I get peeved sometimes.
Other than that, it was very good. I often find that there is a difference between identity and name. "What is your name?" is different than, "Who are you?" Names are insigificant. Their only purpose is so that you can be summoned or scolded. Poetry often uses the word, "name" in place of identity because it is easier. With your poem it's different. The poem talks about th name as a piece of information so small and basic but you don't even know it. That was the point of the poem.

So now that I've ranted about names and grammatical peeves I have, this is my compliment.
It was well structured and worthy of prize after some cleaning up. It speaks of an emotion and situation that people go through in different ways. This is why I like the poem. It can be interpreted to mean many things. Good job, Amanda.
Kiri


Posted 13 Years Ago


This one feels kinda psychedelic in a nice way. A dreamer will always dream hoping it's reality.

I like this one pretty much and you have an interesting imagination. Good stuff. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow thats really good....great job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 19, 2013
Tags: Name, his, love, one day, wondering, poem, poetry


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..