A Flappers Love

A Flappers Love

A Poem by MandaBear
"

its a short story. my first story tell me what you think.

"

The Roaring twenty's Flappers, fast living and illegal booze.

 

Favorite spot to the famous and imfamous, a place of stunning beauty and somtimes stunning scandle.

 

A modern day love triangle, a girls gets murdered by her lovers dagger. It is some how inpiring to contemplate a love so strong it defies death.

 

Just imagine your on a dark and lonely road the shadows seem to reach for you. The sudden rustle of leaves makes you jump. Your heart beats faster and faster. You assume its your imagination.

 

You come up to a 19th centry speakeasy rising stone by stone on a hundred acers of woodland with a veiw of the beach.

 

There stayed a woman, a lady of red. The lady was beautiful. She always wore red. The paino man only had eyes for her. Their romance had to be secret because the lady in red was promised to another man.

 

The lovers communicated in code, a silent language which a wink of an eye spoke volumes. The ladies  soon to be husband was a bootlegger that night she made a serious mistake unaware he would soon arrive she signaled the paino man to meet her at the beach.

 

Suddenly the man she was promised to came looking for her. He saw the paino man with his beloved and went mad with jealously.

 

A knife flashed, a gun was drawn the lady in red threw herself between the men she loved and when the struggle was over the lady in red layed lifeless .

 

It is believed that she haunts the very speakeasy were she once stayed. Breathing on the womens necks she sees as competiton and calles out mens names suductively when they are all alone.

 

Some day shes a two timing flapper of the twentys others day shes a kind soul just looking for love.

 

 

© 2013 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh very cool.... You could easily turn this into a short story or novel... I like how you got into the scene!

Posted 13 Years Ago


good :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice piece!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautifully written. It just reminds me of the whole Banshee paranormal thing. A banshee is a female ghost that would sing beautifully to the kindred spirit and would devour the fucked-up spirited (sorry for my fowl language.) Drat! There's a banshee outside of the window.

Anyway, it is such a fascinating poem that has a past spirit, love, lust, betrayer, murder, and jealousy. Sometimes, humans could be too greedy even with an innocent subject as love.

Excellent stuff.

Posted 13 Years Ago


amazing :) it is almost like the book i am making a project on, Othello by Shakespeare. how there was a "scandal" and Othello ends up killing his beloved Desdemona :P over a rumor.... T_T lol, anyway, great work!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is interesting...I wish there was more.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2013
Tags: story, love, short, flappers, poem, poetry


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Looking Looking

A Poem by MandaBear


Paper Paper

A Poem by MandaBear