House of Sins

House of Sins

A Story by Nicole Kristen Marino
"

There will be a sequel

"

They're indecent bodies stood frozen at the sight of me. My entrance interrupted  their unholy meeting upon my bed, soiling the sheet I had worked to pay for. My wife's face was a mask of fright, she slowly stood up in a dream like fashion. I say this because things were so unbelievable, this appalling scenario I had banished from my mind, swearing my wife's faithfulness. The act of infidelity stood in front of me, like a shake of reality. The anger seeped through my skin, and rage plastered across my undesirable face.

But alas, a solution at the end of the tunnel. I sought out the most instinctual decision I could uphold.  A few brief moments of wandering through the hallways, into my study. There on the wall, nailed as a trophy. My gun, my sweet, release from this situation. The deep regret emanated off my wedding ring, burning my hand. The indignation within me increased with each pound of my heart. As I entered our bedroom, the wench that was my wife was lying on the bed, my Darling Maria was still exposed, her gracious body presented before each of us. He was escaping, his half naked body perched on the windowsill.

"Be still, get in here" my hoarse voice cracked slightly, he obliged.

I observed the pitiful seen before me, my cheating wife, and the unknown man with no morality, but I concluded that I was the most pathetic of them all. She covered up her body with the lavender sheet, her skin flushed, both shared a new kind of fear in their expressions. Once again, I am the cause, but I had given up on rational thinking. I felt power to take revenge, my arms held all that could bring redemption to my wife's cruel acts. She will be needing forgiveness in her afterlife, she will be entering it sooner than conspired.

The man goes first, I failed to pull the trigger, taking just a second to ponder about his family, his friends, who will miss his absence. But just as turned my head, I saw someone who would be lost in the world without him. Maria, her eyes brimmed with tears, desperation filled every surface. She loved this man, she lived for him. He provided her with what I couldn't. I may have had the family, home, and life with her, but he had the most important thing.

My empathy kicked in immediately, and I realized that the wedding vows I took 15 years ago did not only make us bonded for eternity, but I made a solemn swear to do whatever was best for her, to do my best to make her happy. I have always been a man of my word, I dropped the gun. It clanked on the floor and echoed throughout my house.

I turned my back to them, and walked into my childs room. She lay upon her bed, peaceful and unaware. I kissed her lovely forehead goodbye, and walked out of that house of sins.

 

© 2012 Nicole Kristen Marino


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicole, I really enjoyed reading several of your short stories. You are a very gifted writer for certain. I truly enjoy your vision into the lives of the subjects you write about. How you can make your readers feel the pain or joy or whatever the subjects are feeling within your stories. It is awesome. Please keep up the amazing work. You are a great writer and your thought process is stories higher than most. Thank you for the trip into imagination. hossamoto

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 20, 2012
Last Updated on November 20, 2012
Tags: cheating, relationships, love

Author

Nicole Kristen Marino
Nicole Kristen Marino

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a girl who loves video games, swearing, and beef jerky more than any classy women should. i enjoy writing short stories. I want to get feedback. And I hope that someone, somewhere, will really lo.. more..

Writing