Love gets us from the inside.

Love gets us from the inside.

A Story by Michelle
"

A story about love, where it was too late to show any.

"

10 years later. He knocks on her door. This was the day they both waited and agreed on, back then, when everything was tougher than ever. Her dad opens the door. The grown up boy smiles at him enthusiastically while trying to stop the tears running down his cheeks.  Her father looks at him focused.
‘What did you come for?’  The father asks silently.
‘I came to see her,‘  The boy answered giving the older man a puzzled look.
‘So, you don’t know?,’ The father said.
‘What should I know? Did she find someone?,’ The boys heartbeat rises.
‘Oh, son…Lucy is dead, I thought you knew,’ The father spoke slowly.
The boy froze. He rushed past her father’s arms, and ran upstairs, vigorously opening the wooden doors of her old bedroom. It looked the same. He knew she wouldn’t miss this day. She loved him, with as much affection as he loved her.  They were like a soap bubble split in half, trying to find each other. He knelt down on the floor, and thought of Lucy’s flawless feet touching it, while she danced for him in the satin, cream robe, back then, 10 years ago. She took it off slowly, because together they didn’t know what embarrassment was. He loved all of her, every single centimeter of her tiny, slim body. He adored her. He burst out crying. Bawling like a child, he thought of her beautiful face, he was never going to see again. She was the only woman in the universe he would be satisfied with, she was everything to him. This day was supposed to be the best day of their lives. They could finally be together. Her father walked into her room , seeing the boy on the floor, his pulse fastened, remembering he looked similar on the day he found out his daughter was hit by a truck. His beautiful Lucy.
‘She died last year, a drunk driver in a truck hit her,’  The man’s voice started shaking.
The boy didn’t have enough power to look up at the man. He was never going to touch her again. Her soft cheeks,  her little hand he often held in his own. She was gone. He was never going to see her beautiful smile again. The beautiful smile she only gave him. Her deep blue eyes, the color of the sea. The way she looked at him was special. Her pupil often enlarged, as she said she was looking at her world. He wouldn’t see her delicate breasts bouncing slightly, while she walked around the room frustrated after he annoyed her. He loved the view, as much as he loved to see her cute little face frown. This was the end of his life. She was his life goal, everything he wanted and needed. If only he knew… He would have given her the tenth kiss she asked for that day. Instead, he pushed her gentle, tightly wrapped body off him, telling her she will have to wait for the tenth kiss. It was time to say goodbye. He still sat on the floor, frozen, tears rolling down his cheeks. His voice squeaked but he couldn’t let out a word. Lucy’s dad was no longer in the room. He crawled up on her bed and recognized shock.  A week later, he died with longing. Then, he saw Lucy once again. She looked just like he remembered her. Only her face was a bit more grown-up, and her curves were more defined. She greeted him with the most beautiful smile. She had the same cream robe on, and she was more amusing than ever. 

© 2016 Michelle


Author's Note

Michelle
This story is made for fun, and it is the first story I wrote so please don't be too harsh on me. Emotions influenced this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016
Tags: #love, #tragedy, #reality, #shortstory, #beginner

Author