part one

part one

A Chapter by nightmask
"

rack is a creeper >.> BTW this is fanfiction, you don't like it sucks fer u :P

"
Part one: 

In the not too distant future... 
  
          In the year 2056 an epidemic of vampire breeding engulfs the world, millions die, few survive, and the sun is eternally cursed into an eclipse; destroying daylight forever.... 
  
          Earth’s last hope of survival had died 55 years ago with Buffy Summers; one of the last slayers known to the world. She died, stopping a hell god glory by sacrificing herself. The most current slayer after Buffy was Faith. She was mysteriously kidnapped from jail, and it is said she is being kept alive beyond her years by machines, thus forcing the slayer line to come to a halt. Without someone to protect the human race and create a balance, the new world became chaos... 
  
         10 years later out of the tragedy, a tyrant emerges. The Master of the Vampire race forces the remaining population of Humans to follow “Human codes”. In such codes, all Humans are subject to arrest if they do not pay a certain amount of blood each week. In return, the Vampires become the elite race and allow the remaining humans to live and work as long as they follow the new laws of the master and do not attempt to rebel. 
  
         During this time period, black magick is rediscovered by the new age Wiccans and warlocks. Many become addicted to the Magicks. The Master creates a law that states if any human is caught practicing magicks of any kind will be subject to arrest or immediate death. Wiccans and Warlocks begin to illegally sell Dark Magick spells and potions on the black market to humans and vampires alike. 
  
         The Master and his closest followers; Angelus a crazy murderer, Drusilla a crazy and twisted seductress, and William the bloody or Spike, a lethal fighter/ rapist, become the World's most powerful group of vampires. For those who cannot keep up with their blood payments, or who are caught practicing magick, the master sends out legal assassins known as Watch-men... 
  
  
  
  
  
         A cloaked man comes out of the dark and disgusting alleyway. The dark blue shadows dance upon his pale skin and the garbage infested ground. From behind him, a dim orange glows brightly from a fire in a trash can. Oddly clothed magick junkies scamper around in the distance, bumping into each other like zombies. 
  
         The cloaked man’s name is Rack, he is a black magick dealer who sells spells and potions to junkies who have yet to be picked off by the watch-men. 
          Sparks of green electric energy crackle between this fingertips. He turns to an old and vine-covered house surrounded by rusty gates of iron. On the second floor a window flickers with light, while the rest of the house remains dark and quiet in the fog of the eternal night of Sunny dale. 
 Slowly a smirk comes across his face, he turns to face the house more and then with his index finger he points to the illuminated window, he begins to whisper in a deep dark croaky voice, “This little one’s giving off vibes....” 
  
         Tara, a tall, pale 18 year-old girl with dark blonde shoulder length hair and light blue eyes stared outside of the shadowy glass of her window. The view looked down onto a street with a gray crumbling brick wall. On the wall was scattered graffiti art and words. Tara knew most of the legible words by heart. Her favorite work of graffiti on the particular wall was the black wiry words that seemed to be the boldest. It read: 
  
 FREE YOUR MIND. 
  
          She woke up to those words every sunless morning of her life. Her mind was free to explore anything and everything she could possibly dream of, but it was her body that was imprisoned to the sad rotting shell of a home. Her father never let her go outside, he told her that when her mother died giving birth to her, the curse that killed her mother passed onto Tara. She was told that there was a demon inside of her and at any moment it could take over her body and kill someone or end up harming herself. 
  
         Tara pulled her eyes away from the brick wall. She did not notice the cloaked man hidden by the shadows who had happened to be looking right at her. She closed the dark purple curtains over the window and picked the messenger bag up from her bed before walking towards the door. 
  
         She took a deep breath and whispered “clausa aperire”. A soft flash of light hit the doorknob making an unlocking sound. 
  
         Tara turned the knob and slowly pushed the door open. Thankfully it had not creaked. She walked quietly down the stairs and turned to walk behind them. She pressed against the wooden wall, and it opened for her with ease, it was a secret passage her father had created that lead directly to the tomb of her mother in a graveyard near the back of their house. The passage was dark and slimy, and the walls were made of coarse rock much like a cave. 
  
         Once more, Tara took a deep breath and spoke again in a foreign tongue,“conjuro te lucis exiguo”. 
  
          Tiny lights sprung forth from her finger tips and merged into a marble sized orb that glowed bright orange and illuminated the path for Tara. 
  
         When she reached the dark red door at the end of the path she let the orb’s glow slowly die, and it began to disappear as if it were bright smoke. Tara dug into a ridge on the side of the door and pulled it to one side. It opened to a small mausoleum which held her mother’s grave. 
  
         Tara unclasped the dark blue cloak that clung to her body and let it fall to the ground. She sat down on the cloak and faced the headstone of Mother. She smiled as she looked up at the beautiful woman’s portrait that hung on the hall behind the tombstone. 
  
         She opened up her bag and emptied its contents; Two worn spell books, a wrapped up sandwich and a novel she had found in a truck of her mother’s old things. 
         
         The book was a paper back copy. It’s pages were crinkly, yellow, and smelled of ink and leaves in the middle of autumn. The faded cover art was a grayish blue with a girls face looking down.            
Tara flipped to the back to read the summary when a small beeping caught her attention. It was her watch going off reminding her she had a half hour until her father returned from work. 
  
         Tara sighed. She looked outside from the giant gap in the door on the other side of the room that served as a window. She breathed in the air that filled the tiny room. 
  
         Tara got up taking only her cloak with her and opened the door to the outside world. She took a few glances around the fog filled graveyard and silently prayed to the gods to keep her safe. A soft, blue glow highlighted the white gravestones that littered the ground. All the trees were black leafless and twisted, dark vines encircled like chains. 
  
         Tara wrapped her cloak tighter around her body as chill of wind blew against her side, and carried her hair in strands up with it before letting them drop back down. 
  
“I’ll be quick...” 
she thought to herself, walking cautiously along the brick path before her. 
  
         In the distance sirens could be heard from a few blocks away. It wasn’t the police,she shuddered. Her father informed her when she was old enough to understand that the sirens were that of a garbage truck, which disposed of the corpses the watch-men had left behind; the left over parts of their victims. 
  
          The siren trailed on and grew louder, then grew soft again, indicating the turning of the vehicle in a new direction away from the grave site.



© 2011 nightmask


Author's Note

nightmask
leave a comment if u like it :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2011


Author

nightmask
nightmask

About
i am me, there is not much else to say. i like sweeney todd, tim burton, anime, and bright shiny colors, lol(z) ha ha. i was recently diagnosed with abcd, no...wait...asbd....adad.....ughhh......(mean.. more..

Writing
Wet Hair Wet Hair

A Poem by nightmask


Crayons Crayons

A Poem by nightmask