part two

part two

A Chapter by nightmask
"

tara talks to strangers for some stupid reason

"
Part two 

Rack, the black magic dealer, had entered the grave site and stopped at a particular grave of interest, a tomb that was left outside of the ground. 

On the tomb there was a thin layer of dirt covering the top of the casket and in the dirt someone had spelled out protective runes which would bind the casket closed until the caster returned. 

Rack smiled when he saw it remained untouched, he ran his finger over a particular rune and added onto the symbol, a clicking sound followed after and Rack was able to push the covering of the Tomb over with ease. He kept all of his supplies in a bunch of tombs all over the graveyard. 

He pulled out a pair of chicken feet, a small cauldron and two vials of liquid. He began to whistle as he pulled the covering back over the crypt and sat upon it and began to arrange the ingredients into measurements and mix them into the cauldron. 

Tara’s ears detected the sound of Rack’s whistling and walked faster in his direction until she stood a few feet before where he sat. The man’s facial features before her, glowed from the paleness of his skin that seemed to be tinted a sickly olive. 

“W-who are y-you?” Tara asked stuttering, she hadn’t expected to find anyone here, the man did not looked dressed well enough to look like a vampire, he wore a long and tattered dark brown vest with an off white long sleeved shirt under that. 

His cloak was draped over the side of the casket and his nails looked thick and dirty as she caught sight of them. 

“I am Rack and you are?” he replied glancing over at Tara with interest. 

“Y-your not a v-vampire are you?” Tara asked swallowing fearfully. 

“No...” he chuckled, Tara caught sight off his lazy left eye that wandered off in the opposite direction of the right one which focused on her. She inwardly shivered this guy gave her the creeps. 

“I-I’m T-Tara” she replied meekly. 

Rack smiled at her, her aura held a white blue glow that surrounded her form, he could he hear the teen's heart beat fluttering like a captured butterfly in a jar, she was afraid of him. 

"good" he thought to himself, he liked it when they were afraid, it made things so much more entertaining. 

Her gaze moved to the cauldron and ingredients around him, he caught her line of sight and smiled. 

“It’s a potion for a costumer, you know any magick Tara?” he asked the teenager before him, her hair partially fell into her eyes and cheeks. 

“I- I’ve uh tried a few .... spells now and then... I’m not very g-good I h-had to t-teach myself from b-books” she said nervously, 

“maybe he’s dangerous” Tara began to think to herself, an unsettling tingle began to spread inside of her stomach. 

“Do you want me to amplify your powers a little?” he asked raising an eyebrow and he began to get up placing the cauldron down on the tomb. 

“Uh... n-no t-thanks I’m g-good” Tara said shaking her head her hair fell more into her face. 

This amused Rack, her grinned “Oh come now it doesn’t hurt and it’s over fast...” he said moving closer to Tara. 

Tara was now frightened the man was very tall and the way he was moving towards her made her shiver, her feet wouldn’t budge though. This man reminded her of a snake slithering towards her in a taunting coiling like manner, while she could only hold her breath and feel the blood pounding in her ears. 

Rack was inches away from Tara now he leaned forward a little to meet her eye level, his eyes skimmed down examining her closely. He pressed his hand onto the space beneath her collar bone just below the clasp of her cloak where her Black shirt started. He gently pushed a little into Tara's chest, who was now too rigid with fear to take her eyes off the man in front of her. 

“Relax.... I’m just gonna take a little tour... you gotta give a little... to get a little...” a green flash sparked beneath his hand and Tara sucked in breath her eyes closed tightly. 

Blue light began to glow from Tara’s chest and she began to gasp for air as did Rack. 

After five seconds Rack’s other hand lifted Tara’s chin and he moved his face closer to her ear, 

“You taste like Honey...” he whispered in his husky voice, then he drew back and returned to his work. 

Tara remained standing her breath grew erratic her closed eyelids fluttered but remained shut, he throat felt dry,she couldn't cry out for help, she began to sway and finally crumpled to the ground. 

Rack’s laughter echoed threw Tara’s head and was swallowed up by the sight of only the static darkness behind her eyelids and the increasing sound of the sirens from before. They sounded almost too close to her and finally she drifted off into a dreamless sleep. 

Minutes later when Rack was long gone, a darkly dressed man walked fast to the spot where Tara’s form lay, he checked her pulse and scooped her up in his arms. The helmet he wore illuminated his eyes in bright green light, his sad gray eyes looked down at Tara with worry.


© 2011 nightmask


Author's Note

nightmask
leave a comment please :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2011


Author

nightmask
nightmask

About
i am me, there is not much else to say. i like sweeney todd, tim burton, anime, and bright shiny colors, lol(z) ha ha. i was recently diagnosed with abcd, no...wait...asbd....adad.....ughhh......(mean.. more..

Writing
Wet Hair Wet Hair

A Poem by nightmask


Crayons Crayons

A Poem by nightmask