Stealing Kisses...

Stealing Kisses...

A Poem by N!LoC

“once i was begging affection from a man... now i’m just stealing kisses from a boi”

* * *

i close my eyes and look the other way... 

because it’s apparent that you don’t see me...

i close my heart if only for a day...

 and hope to understand if you don’t feel me...

i close my lips holding words i want to say...

 for fear of rejection comes along to taunt me...

i close my thoughts and keep them at bay...

 hoping to hide the insecurities of the "real" me...

* * *

"once i was needing attention from a man... but i'm still stealing kisses from a boi"

© 2012 N!LoC


Author's Note

N!LoC
this one is very open to interpretation...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This really speaks to me which to me is the most important thing I'm writing. The connection is profound. It says to me we are willing to suppress ourselves just to get that feeling like love. It's not love but it will suffice if just for the moment. All the while we know it won't last, it's not real, and we're only pretending. The length and meter illustrate the type of relationship it is. It's a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

N!LoC

11 Years Ago

Wow I think u just touched on something that even I didn't really realize ... But in all honesty .. .. read more



Reviews

Well said this, I think we can all relate...not sure if there is a difference in 'boi' and 'boy' but it still translates well...Kudos.

Posted 11 Years Ago


N!LoC

11 Years Ago

It's great when ppl find your poems relatable :-) thanks Frieda!
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Yes it is...my pleasure ;-)
This poem seems to be written from a receptive view point. When I think of gays in terms of their sexual relationships with their partners I think of them as being more on the same page than men and women are. I've never thought in terms of a gay receptive lover in the same sense as a woman is receptive to a mans advances. I've always been the aggressor in the dynamic so that's been my experience. To me gay sexuality and heterosexuality are wired the same way with the only difference being the object of desire. Both respond to youth and beauty the same way, both have roving eyes and are naturally promiscuous and both want it all the time. So as sexual creatures you, N!LoC and I, Baby Ricochet, are no different. We're both horny dudes we just lust for different flavors. That's one of the reasons Homophobia is so Goddamn stupid. People don't think this s**t through. Great poem. It gave me something to think about. Thanks bro.

Posted 11 Years Ago


N!LoC

11 Years Ago

oh my... that's a whole mini Theseus right there! lol :-)
DJuan Thomas

11 Years Ago

Astute observation, Baby Ricochet. I think you're probably right, or pretty close to right. Human re.. read more
Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

Thanks man
I really enjoy the way you explore suppression as a theme here. The idea of holding back what and who we are for the feeling of belonging to someone else is very powerful and all too human. I also enjoy the rhythm you establish. I wonder: is there a difference between "boy" and "boi?" I imagine "boi" to be a sort of euphemism for "manchild."

Posted 11 Years Ago


DJuan Thomas

11 Years Ago

I figured that when you asked the question, you had assumed I was. Did you not?
N!LoC

11 Years Ago

Actually yeah I kinda knew u were after u commented on my review of ur poem "prayer"... And I did no.. read more
DJuan Thomas

11 Years Ago

Oh yeah, that's right. Hee hee
This was well written. Such a good poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


N!LoC

11 Years Ago

thanks noodlehead.. thats always nice to hear :-)
s y e

11 Years Ago

Welcome. Hehehe.
This really speaks to me which to me is the most important thing I'm writing. The connection is profound. It says to me we are willing to suppress ourselves just to get that feeling like love. It's not love but it will suffice if just for the moment. All the while we know it won't last, it's not real, and we're only pretending. The length and meter illustrate the type of relationship it is. It's a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

N!LoC

11 Years Ago

Wow I think u just touched on something that even I didn't really realize ... But in all honesty .. .. read more
I liked this a lot. Well written and presented. Good job bro :) Your poems make the reader want to fall in love.

Posted 11 Years Ago


N!LoC

11 Years Ago

ahhhh if i have that ability to make readers fall in love.. then by all means call me cupid boy ! he.. read more
One of the first poems I feel comfortable reviewing (as I won't have to give bad feedback)!
This lumped up all of the emotions one feels in a relationship with a person, who acts like he/she might be better than the other. It's reminiscent of those times when you have to "act" like someone else for the attention of another person and when you're afraid to be who you are because it might not be good enough.

I think in just a few lines, you also show the maturation of the narrator--he/she realizes that it wasn't worthwhile waiting for something that would never happen.

Thanks for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

N!LoC

11 Years Ago

omg..thats one hell of a review :-) i just have to say some of my best writing comes from a place o.. read more
"boi" is not open to interpretation, it is exactly as it is meant to be ;-)

I like the frankness of this piece. You've captured those insecurities nearly every one of us feels when the object of our desire seems just out of reach. Well done, this.

-kimmer

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

N!LoC

11 Years Ago

Haha just when I think that maybe I'm being vague enough in my poem ... I find out that it actually .. read more
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

My pleasure ;-)
This is different but I like it.

I love the quotes at the beginning and end. I think they mean that she was with someone and he wasn't all he was cracked up to be...its like he acts and kisses like a boy yet she's looking for a man. I love the way you write, it is short but truly impactful. Keep it up, I'll be sure to keep reading.
~Tasha

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
N!LoC

11 Years Ago

oh wow... thanks so much tasha.. that really means alot to me :-) the opening and closing quotes wer.. read more
 Tasha

11 Years Ago

Wow, you're very welcome. I can't believe I was even close to your interpretation. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2012
Last Updated on December 25, 2012
Tags: gay, romance, hurt

Author

N!LoC
N!LoC

About
I am someone who can't help but daydream all day long... and I find most of my inspiration from mainly just being an eternal child and a hopeless romantic wondering about that crazy little thing call.. more..

Writing
I Am Me... I Am Me...

A Poem by N!LoC



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RAPE RAPE

A Poem by Frieda P