I

I

A Chapter by Nelson.

If you were given the chance to choose your destiny, would you choose or not? I ask myself that same question every day, for the past years. You see, I am not a person; nor a male or female. I am what the clockwork wants me to be. This time I am a boy named Aeon.


            I was awakened by the sweet sound of the birds chirping outside my window and the whisper of the wind beneath my ears. I looked at my clock and it’s already 8am. Today is Sunday, January 7th the weather is sunny all day with zero percent of rain. The time is 7AM. I jump down my treehouse by the backyard; god I fell asleep again, and it’s for the 7th straight day. Sure my mom is going to be mad at me again. Actually she’s not totally my mom, I never knew her. Although I saw her before her husband and she met. Sounds weird doesn’t it? How can a son knew her mom even before her dad and mom met? I’ll tell you everything, but first let me introduce myself.


            My name is Aeon David; this is the entity that was “assigned” to me by the clockwork. What’s a clockwork you say? Clockwork is the one responsible for everything that’s happening in this world. It controls every hour, minute, and second. We are the timekeepers. What’s a timekeeper? That’s what I am and we are the one responsible for monitoring everything here on earth. The clockwork has so many timekeepers, but we never knew each other. For our own sake, we keep that to ourselves.


            I am apparently nineteen years old, though I never really age. I have seen yet almost everything in my whole lifetime. Quick question. Can I die? The answer is yes and no. You see, we timekeepers have one and only rule. “Never, I repeat, Never ever tell someone the truth about yourself”. I remember the clockwork saying that on its deep, loud voice. If we however broke that rule, we will permanently stay on the current body that was assigned to us until we die. So far no one ever dared to break that and I don’t plan to.


            My personality differs from body to body, this time I like music, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and My Chemical Romance. I like to bake, all I know is I want to be a chef when I grow up, or so does Aeon wants. We live in a one thousand square foot, four bedroom house with a swimming pool and a big old tree in the backyard. I have a room full of albums, PlayStations, guitars, a queen size bed and a closet full of Chucks. Yeah this is the life.


            Aeon’s mother works as an on-call doctor while his father works as an engineer in a big company called Quickbuild. Most of the time both of them are at work, Aeon was the one usually home alone with his dogs. A retriever named Mallows, and a beagle named Maggie. Don’t get me wrong, Aeon’s parents are not bad. They always make it up to Aeon when they come home, they go to the movies, they play bowling and they go country hopping.


            Oh did I mention that I know when and where a person’s time will end? I can change it though, but I can’t intervene with his personal decisions. Throughout my whole lifetime I helped a lot of person extend their time, but no matter what I do; if someone’s time is up, then it is up. I can’t do anything anymore.



© 2018 Nelson.


Author's Note

Nelson.
Please rate and review. It will greatly improve my writing. Happy reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on March 9, 2018
Last Updated on March 9, 2018
Tags: Teen, Romance, Fiction, Adventure


Author

Nelson.
Nelson.

Writing