My Dead Mother

My Dead Mother

A Poem by Sean Augy
"

A twisted poem about a man trying to cope with the death of his mother.

"

Tick Tock Tick Tock
Silence...
Footsteps running down the hall
Think I hear my mother call
That's wrong, completely wrong
Been thinking about her all day long
Her funeral was just yesterday
But her presence will not go away
I smell her perfume & hear her sing
I even remember her wedding ring
But that's all gone, it's in the past
How long will this darkness last
Down the hall I hear a cry
One to identify my mother by
I see her face in the mirror
Slowly her features are getting clearer
I know her touch there is no other
Now I'm in the arms of my dead mother

© 2008 Sean Augy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

For f***s sakes dude you make my writing look positively sunny. I am practically in love with the dark theme you seem to have adopted. The quick paced rhyme scheme keeps your audience absorbed and the blas� attitude adds a distinctly amusing tone. Thanks for the read. Keep the darkness coming please!

GBG

Posted 15 Years Ago


A very good write. It seems to have a life of its own. Although I haven't lost my mother, it still speaks to me. I'll be looking out for more like this :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW. another great write. More vivid words.. feelings and a scene that plays in my head like a movie. It really is hard to let go. You depicted it quite well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Amazing. I really love this. It screams the expression of pain, the longing for the loved one, the surrealness of the days following the funeral of someone who was always there. Like your waiting for them to walk back in the door. A sick joke it seems and people who have never experieced it have NO IDEA how it feels. I know the feeling, lived it. It gets better, but it never goes away. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


woah... O.O i really like that. it's very mysterious! I love it and good job with the rhyming and the rhythm, it's quite amazing. I would say you could make it a little longer even, T_ Tmostly cuz I love it so much the way you wrote it. You could also add a few more details to draw out sitting in the house longing for the mother until she appears, it would make the suspense even greater. ^^ good job!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 29, 2008

Author

Sean Augy
Sean Augy

Peabody, MA



About
Hey, I'm Sean. I'm 15. I have an odd obsession with insanity. I write in a very unique style. My influences are E.A.Poe, Philip K. Dick, Sylvia Plath, Jason Myers, Franz Kafka, Darren Shan, my close f.. more..

Writing
The Phrase The Phrase

A Story by Sean Augy


Laugh Laugh

A Story by Sean Augy