Endless Night

Endless Night

A Story by Eternal Phoenix
"

Caught between the dream world and reality...

"
It was around 7am; I remember hearing the alarm clock go off and pressing the snooze button as my eyes slowly drifted back to sleep. Foggy glimpses of the past dream shattered through my blank wall, flooding in as if to suffocate me. I soon stood on Register 12 with an endless line of customers, all cranky and with far more items than they should have to even consider the Express Lane.

it's snowing out

So many hours went by like this; everything became a blur and all that beeping started to blend in. I thought I was going to end my life like this for sure, until Kristen came to releave me. Joy jumped threw my heart and over my body like a cascading waterfall over the rocks of a shear cliff.

I signed out of the register with a beaming smile and nodded a thankyou to my friend. She only replied with a dusgruntled snort. My steps had a little spring to them as I walked over to Nicki Pev, who took my drawer without asking and sent me to lunch rather quickly.

I was poor and had no money, so I didn't bother trying to figure out what I wanted to eat. I just took my time punching out, that way I could come back later and not be late in the process.

Working my way upstairs was easy; Straight threw Lane 3, push open the double doors and your left. The stairs, however grew longer and longer with every step I took; dragging on like a desert in the sun. I over comed it though, and eventually found myself on the landing, short of breath and sweating.

The alarm clock rang so I shut it off

Everyone stared at me, the voices drowned out by the sudden silence. A shy flush crept up my cheeks as I slowly made my way to the back of the room, taking a seat on the far table.

Reaching in my smock pocket, I pulled my cell phone out, relieved to see a new text message just for me. "I have a surprise for you". I didn't recognize the number, but I didn't worry. I felt.... safe almost.

My name name sounded on the intercom only 10 minutes later. I stared up at the clock in disbelief. Lunches were suppose to take 30 minutes, but somehow on my walk up the stairs, that killed 20 minutes of my time. So I stood up, bushing my smock of unseen creases and walked back down the stairs to my dismay.

The rest of the day seemed to go like this forever. I was put on to Register 1 this time, and instead of having the endless customers, I was stuck with NO customers. I tried to keep myself busy, but eventually I was stuck with doodling on a piece of reciept paper, and singing the old Christmas songs that played over and over again on the intercom.

I can't listen the X-mas station anymore because of it

It was night by the time I had to go, but luckily I didn't have to close like most of the girls left in the store. My car was all alone in the parking lot however, except for one strangly familiar blue interepid, parked just slightly next to mine.

As I grew closer, the door to that car opened up and stepping out was a boy I remembered so quickly, my heart skipped a beat and thumped into my throat, and my legs picked up pace until I was racing to my heart's disire, throwing my arms about his neck and mindlessly racing into a passionate kiss.

It was Andy.....

It was Andy! I couldn't believe it...

beep, beep, beep I thought I shut that off.....
 

 

My fingers rested on the snooze button for a minute longer before the dream retook me... Andy's eyes bouring a ring of love around my heart.

We went into his car and he held me close as he told me what had happened in Texas and in Mississippi. My head leaned against his shoulder as my eyes drifted close, "How long will you be staying for?" the words escaping in a breathy whisper, but he tilted my head up with his finger.

"I'm not sure..."

"But will you be staying till the 2nd?"

"I don't know..." somehow that didn't bother me as I sat up and looked at him, noticing the hickey upon his neck, but not somehow not pertubed by it.

After a while we stayed like this, wrapped in eachothers' arms and laughing about the stupid things that happened before he left. The night could have lasted forever, but in the end, I had to go home.

I should have invited him...

We went our seperate ways; him to his brother's house, myself to my mum's. As I entered the door I was singing quite dandely.. my mother staring at me as if someone had knocked her over the head with a frying pan. So I laughed annd told her Andy was home.

It was she who suggested to have him come over to watch movies.. but instead of calling him up, I took a drive over to brother's house.

I just barely made it up the steps when the door opened and a beautiful red head walked out the door, her hair disheveled and her gaze stary-eyed. Andy was quickly behind her, wishing her a good bye with a wave.

he had another hickey...

"Who is she?" my heart racing as I looked up with him; saddness racing through my stone-flesh body.

"My brother's girlfriend.." his voice was distant, and I knew he was lying, but at the same time I was satisfied with his answer.

Night slowly became day and I was back at work. Kristen and Travis were with me and a psycologist as well...

She came up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder as I picked up a water jug and rang it through the scanner, "Would you like to talk?" but I glared at her and she backed away...

Hours went by like this.. Water jug after water jug... It seemed to go on forever until suddenly, "I think Andy is CHEATING on you!" and it hit me! Travis spoke those words with a clear definition, and I chucked the water that was in my hand and collapsed on the floor, crying and crying until I could swim in my own tears.

"Now would you like to talk about it?" and this time I accepted her offer as I reached up and grabbed her hand.

tears were still falling down my face...

My eyes didn't see work anymore as I rose from the ground. Only a small room wtih three chairs, a table and glass wall seperating me and the two people behind it.

How could he?

The tears started to stream down my face once more as I saw Andy passionatly kissing the red head, his hands embracing her in such a loving way. Kristen came up to me and hugged me, but I didn't move. A calm resolve encased my broken heart as the glass window disspeared and Andy soon realized I was watching.....

"Oh hunny! I'm so sorry!" he spoke as he ran to me, but I placed my hand in front of him and he froze in his tracks..

"Don't talk to me.. How could you? I love you even now as you break my heart with your emotionless words.. How could you?"

"Alisha, wake up!" the dream was over and I was still crying....


 

© 2008 Eternal Phoenix


Author's Note

Eternal Phoenix
random dream, there fore no drafting needed. comments always appreciated though

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
Added on April 20, 2008

Author

Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix

ME



About
So, whenever I come across these things that I have to fill out about ME.. I just can't think about anything. I mean, I'm just your ordinary 21 yr. old chick, whose trying to make an awesome career ch.. more..

Writing