Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

A Story by anonymouse
"

my journal entry one day . . .

"

I scampered up the walls like a rat.  Like a rat that cares only for food, for survival.  I put the socks on my ears and climbed.  The wall was full of nails, so it was easy.  Then my flashlight fell out of my pocket.  So I screamed.  And fainted.

I came to clinging to the wall.  Rats were all around me.  I decided to keep climbing.  Until I realized I was climbingdown, backwards,upside down.  So I swiveled myself around.  But I was still wrong.  I thought I'd take a break.  I turned on my flashlight, staring into the abyss.

Nothing was there.  I was floating on this grainy something, but when /i looked down nothing was there.  I heard the chatter of rats.  I couldn't see them.  My flashlight sputtered and, then died.  I decided to try again.  Good existed in the world, I knew.  But this was a place of evil.

I tried to climb again, I really did.  But I couldn't fell anythind and it was all slippery and shiny, even though I couldn't see it.  I found a platform and sat down, carving my knees to my chest.  I sobbed but nothing came out, tears or sounds.  All I could hear was the chitter of the rats . . .

© 2012 anonymouse


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is V. i don't like it.... i love it. to bad it had to be about rats. yuck

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Added on February 1, 2012
Last Updated on February 1, 2012

Author

anonymouse
anonymouse

city of two thousand poeple



About
i love to read and write. really i'm very silly but looking at me you wouldn't guess that. i like to dance and sometimes i will dance for no apparent reason. i think stretching is fun, and being lazy.. more..

Writing