My Story

My Story

A Chapter by !!..Love..!!
"

Its better to love and lost and never to love at all.

"

 

Ever Since I can remember I had wanted to fall in love. And, not only fall in love, but fall in love with the right person. I wanted someone who would accept my faults and love me for who I am. I hopped from one relationship to another, each time being bitterly disappointed when my knight in shining amour turned out to be the opposite of what I expected and wanted. Finally, I decided that the elusive emotion of love wasn’t meant for me and I reconciled myself to the fact that I might never find my Mr. Right. I should have known that God’s sense of humor is wicked, at the very least!

 

My first interaction with the person I fell in love with was explosive. We were studying in the same classes. That entire year I tried so hard to tell him about my eternal love towards him and finally the last day of our school came. I remember that day I planned to propose him and butterflies were flying in my stomach and then suddenly I proposed him but I never knew it will cost me so much. I was so foolish and selfish at that time. I still remember he just stared at me and then looked towards his girl friend. Yeah! He was already committed. Ah! How silly I was at that time..

 

It was just silence everywhere and all three of us were just staring at each other. A tear poured out of my eye and I ran away from the entire place. Crying…weeping tears, somehow managed to run with all my heavy dress and finally I came home and locked my room and there I cried, I cried for hours.

 

Later on I started to work and by co-incidence he too was working in the same place.

I think that guilt struck him some days later for he took my number and called me up one evening. It was supposed to be just one call but somehow they multiplied. I still remember how I used to go back home daily and crib to my mother that there was this one guy I couldn’t stand because he was always so stuck up. And, she used to look at me puzzled, wondering that if I couldn’t stand him how was it that I was talking to him for hours every evening. That was a question I couldn’t answer and didn’t even try to. And, neither did he.

 

We became very good friends or I should say best of the bests. He began to share each and every secret with me and even I used to do the same. One day he called me and said he won't be coming to work from today. I was so surprised. I asked him the reason some thousand times but he didn't reply and I wondered it must be his wicked girl friend who much forced him to leave his job and I started cursing her.

 

Later on after enquiring with many people I came to know that his girlfriend is the reason for which he left the job since she's suffering from leukemia and that too of last stage.

Ah!! After hearing that news some thunderstorms hit me and I ran to that hospital.

As soon I approached there I found him standing there and his eyes were full of tears.

He was very much puzzled by my appearance there. A tear dropped out of his eyes.

Since his girlfriend was demised.

 

 

 

Gradually time passed and departed both of us. We somehow still remained best friends. We still managed to call and to talk to each others for hours. Somewhere I was feeling guilty. I don't know why but I always considered his girl as a witch and now I realized that she was an angel. I’m sure God must be having a good laugh for He brought me to the edge of despair before filling my life with sunshine.

 

I don’t know what to do now. I even don't have that much courage to ask him now and he is himself fighting with his girl's memories and I'm sure that he still loves her. One day I visited his page at writer's café and read each and every piece written by him. There's an immortal pain in each and every line of his poetry which even I can't reduce but I'm somehow still happy that he is still with me, may be just as a friend but he is still with me. 

 
I got a very nice forward the other day. It said �" when we were kids, we were eager to grow up and fall in love. Now that we are grown up we have realized that wounded knees were much better than broken hearts. But I would say, give me a broken heart any day, for even if I have to go through the agony of losing him, it will be worth it. For at least I had a chance to love him and be loved unconditionally by him. It’s not important to know if I will be with him 30 years from now, what’s important is that he makes me feel alive even for the 30 minutes that I spend with him. That is the biggest blessing I could ask for…



© 2010 !!..Love..!!


Author's Note

!!..Love..!!
I love to write stories and this one is mine :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awwee love, This is beautiful, sad about the way the girl friend went, but your tale is of strength hope and passion, even if you didn't know it during the time. Love is worth so much and it never seems to come easy, but your love shown in here is proof of its misteries. I hope the guy (You should tell me who it is, really you should) finds a new love with you, if thats what you both want,,, it seems you deserve it..

Love
Me

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. This is amazing. I love you description. It's just absolutely wonderful. Beautiful!

Posted 14 Years Ago


"when we were kids, we were eager to grow up and fall in love. Now that we are grown up we have realized that wounded knees were much better than broken hearts. But I would say, give me a broken heart any day, for even if I have to go through the agony of losing him, it will be worth it."

I love this piece with such a passion. Not many pieces bring this much emotion packed in. Reading this made my heart jump and skip beats. Just the mere thought of truly loving someone brings a tear to my eyes. You truly did that. Thanks for the fantastic read! Keep writing, youre really great at it.

Austin D

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Touchy... sad, with a glimmer of selfless affection. Well, u never know. God's sense of humor is not just wicked, it's also divine. But again... who knows :)))

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is by far your best work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful..simply beautiful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG, this is soooo sad. The first paragraph in this story totally reminds me of how I am. My heart breaks for you when you found out he had a girlfriend. How humiliating. However, it is awesome you guys became best friends, but also horribly sad that the girlfriend died. I love how you take a situation and then bring it into something positive when not many could. That boy should consider you a blessing! Beautifully done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

That was beautiful! I loved every minute of it. It was complex and gripping. I loved it when you fell in love, and my heart broke along with yours when your love was already "commited." I loved the way you put that, instead of taken commited. It was beautifully well written.

Peace, love, and happiness,
- Noel

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think there are 3 general wishes that we all have in life:
Health, longlife.
Wealth, good fortune and luck.
Love, to find one's soul mate, the key to true happiness in life!
Loved your story, very beautifully done!
May you (the author) find true love, peace and happiness down the roads of life!
TIM

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

you made my heart warm with this this beautiful story. The mutual struggles of life can bring two unlikely ships together in the night. You may yet have your knight. Great story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a kind of very complex story.
I can't say it sad nor happy..
It's very different and I knew you from quite some time as a lovely friend. So I found reality in this write of yours
Big hugs!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

661 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 14, 2008
Last Updated on January 2, 2010


Author

!!..Love..!!
!!..Love..!!

City of Hearts



About
Hi, I'm !!..Love..!! A singer but writing is always a passion for me..and that's why I'm here. If you wanna know more about me then feel free to add me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..