My Tears

My Tears

A Poem by mae23

I can feel them bubbling, boiling just beneath the surface of my skin.

They threaten to attack at any moment, never sending out a warning.

I am in constant fear that they will overwhelm my senses, and control me.

Everyday I fight the same battle to keep them at bay.

And yet some days they win.

I pray they will not burst out at the wrong time. A time when everyone can see just how ugly I am.

Because God, they do bring out the ugly in me.

They are my secret. One I struggle to conceal inside me.

But they refuse to be caged in.


Too many times, I find myself giving in to their consistent pestering.

I let my guard down, too weak to continue the fight.

At that time, they flood my thoughts. Overpowering all other feelings.

Sometimes, I can’t hold them back.

Sometimes, I am too tired to not let the tears come.

© 2017 mae23


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ua
Emotions are meant to be channelled through without holding in. I like your poem because it shows the battle that is between self and what societal pressures do to us. As one who has been through the same, and let societal pressures win for a long time, just let me say, holding your emotions in is a false flag, it makes the situation much worse and stagnates growth. Love all sides, this is what it is meant to be free. Thanks for sharing Mae.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Mae - our tears can be the release we need to ease our hurt or anguish. Sometimes a good cry is the best medicine we can give ourselves.
Don't be afraid of your feelings, others might want to share them with you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
crying is part of being human
and admire those who can cry
let it out
no point of fighting it
and it slowly disappears
I cry
Thanks for helping me feel like i am not alone :)

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 3, 2017
Last Updated on July 1, 2017

Author

mae23
mae23

NY



About
"My memories are the only places I'll ever see any of it again, and I wonder if this is what writers are supposed to do, rebuild places it in there minds - places long gone, places that disappear, and.. more..

Writing