11 September 2013

11 September 2013

A Chapter by N.S. Jones

Dear Grandad,

It's been almost a month since you...went away.

A friend of mine suggested that I start writing in a diary, to "just get it all out".  It felt strange writing to some...thing that doesn't reply.  It still does a bit, but when I decided to write to you instead it felt right somehow even though I know you will never write back.  I guess it's because I always felt like I could tell you anything and everything.

Just the other day, I caught myself going to the phone to call you to tell you about my day.  I miss you so much.

Sometimes I feel like you are still there.  Even now I feel like you are looking over my shoulder as I write this.

Do you remember the kid's film Grandpa?  I was watching it last night and I actually cried at the end.  I'd never done that before; I suppose it's because I now know how the little girl felt when she couldn't find her grandfather anywhere.  I feel just like she did, like I'm always looking for you and calling out to you but I can't find you and nor can you answer.  Because you're not here anymore.

 

Grandad, will this pain ever go away?

 

Sarah



© 2014 N.S. Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Today, it has been exactly 11 months since my Grandfather passed away.

"Sometimes I feel like you are still there. Even now I feel like you are looking over my shoulder as I write this."

This feeling never does go away. Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on March 1, 2014
Last Updated on March 1, 2014
Tags: diary entry, letter, grandfather


Author

N.S. Jones
N.S. Jones

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom



About
I've been writing off and on since I was little, but never finished writing a story until I was in my late teens. I try to write something everyday, but it doesn't always happen. I love to read and wr.. more..

Writing