Part 14: OH CRAP....

Part 14: OH CRAP....

A Chapter by J. R.

You begin scaling the church stairs, your axe ready to for any preacher or Gray that comes at you. Just when you reach the top, you hear a loud thundering and the sound of plaster breaking.
You spend a few moments too scared shitless to bother figuring out what it is. Once you've taken cover behind a wall upstairs, you wait for your heart rate to go back down. You peek your head out and you see several small holes in the wall at the head of the stairs, not far from where you originally stood. You look down,
There is a middle-aged man in a threadbare cassock wielding a pump shotgun.
So that's Martin Rowe.
Jay calls in
"Jesus Christ! What the hell is going on down there?" It's a good thing you have the communicator's volume set to low.
"This isn't a good time, Jay!" You hiss at him, trying hard to keep your voice below the hearing range of the batshit crazy shotgun toting preacher at the foot of the stairs, though you wonder why you're even bothering, since he's aware enough of your presence to send a load of buckshot at you.
"Oh hell, Martin's packing heat! Get the hell out of there!"
"Jay, I'm..... on the second floor" You say, feeling pretty stupid right now.
There is a long silence on the other end.
"Damn it! Haven't you seen a single horror movie in your life?! Never go upstairs when there's a murderous nutcase on the loose!"
You wish you had a smarmy comeback, but he does have a point.
You hear Martin pump his shotgun  from downstairs.
What do you do?


© 2011 J. R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You want a smarmy comeback? Here's a smarmy comeback:
Did your mother f**k your dad?
Oh right, what to do. Hmm. Well how about running? Maybe find a window to jump out of?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011
Tags: escape, sci-fi, interactive, deep, space


Author

J. R.
J. R.

About
I am an aspiring writer who is interested in improving as a writer and getting my work out to the world. . more..

Writing