The Lily-Bean

The Lily-Bean

A Story by Owlecks
"

A story about a bean.

"

The Lily-Bean

For Lily, From Alex

            Sadie Starr was a beautiful person.  Every day for her was like a whole new beginning.  Although she loved life with all of her being, many people misunderstood her.

            “Look at that weirdo,’ smirked one orange girl.

            “She is such a dork,” yelled a girl who nobody heard.

            “She’s kind of cute,” announced many.

            Although many people were rather jealous of our friend Sadie, and thus cruel to her, she kept happy.  One of her favorite hang outs was the local Bean Store, “Bill’s Beans”.

            “Hello Sadie,” greeted Bill on one of Sadie’s many trips to his shop.

            “Well hello Bill.  Nice day huh?” replies Sadie. 

            “Oh yeah.  Hey, I got some new beans in that I think you are going to love.”  Bill reaches under the counter and pulls out a bucket with around three hundred green beans inside.  “They’re called Lily-Beans.”  Sadie picks one up and looks at it.

            “They smell exceptionally nice,” she says. 

            “Yeah.  Have one on the house,” says a very happy Bill.  His wife had just given him a new shoe horn that morning so he was feeling mighty generous.

            “Oh you are too kind.  Which house shall I have it on?” Bill shakes his head and helps Sadie out of the store.

            Sadie skips home with the Lily-Bean in her pocket.  She notices a dirt patch in front her house, and walks slowly over to it, making sure not to step on any bugs.

            “I’m going to plant you here in this dirt little Lily-Bean, and maybe one day you will grow into something beautiful,’ Sadie says to her Lily-Bean.  Sadie scoops out a little dirt, kisses the bean, and places it into the hole.  “I love you little Lily-Bean,” she says before heading inside.

            Sadie would stop by the dirt pile everyday after school and look at what the Lily-Bean had become.  “My you’ve gotten big,” she said when the Bean had grown to be as big as a basketball.  “I wonder what’s inside of you.” 

            After nine months of growing, the bean was finally ready to hatch.  Lily stopped by after school and noticed that the bean had a crack in it.  “My poor Lily-Bean, has someone put a crack in you?”  Sadie heard the cry of a baby, but could not tell where it was coming from.  Upon examining the bean a little bit closer, she noticed that a baby was inside the bean shell.

            “Oh my you are such a beautiful baby,” Sadie said to the youngling.  “I believe I will call you Lily.  My Lily.”  Sadie walked inside of her home with the baby Lily and from that day forward they were never seen apart.

           

 

© 2008 Owlecks


Author's Note

Owlecks
I wrote this for my friend's daughter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I want to tell you that I don't just think that this is just awesome it's really a sweet gesture to a friend, and I'm going to add it to my favorites. Well done sir.

Posted 15 Years Ago


AWWWW!!! Thats so sweet.


Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a wonderful children's tale. So imaginative! You were able to tell a great story without excessive use of words. Way to go!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Hope the daughter is old enough to dig the funny aside-references.
Cool write.
Glad you're still posting.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 11, 2008

Author

Owlecks
Owlecks

Erlanger, KY



About
Hiya. I'm alex. Im vegetarian. AIM - Nutopia Peace Anyone feel free to IM me to talk about anything. I've also started a News Program called "The Forward Express" Check the second episode out h.. more..

Writing
Four Stories Four Stories

A Story by Owlecks



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..