I Do Not

I Do Not

A Poem by Oceana
"

I am not in love with you

"
i do not love you 
in the same way
i do not bleed you 
onto the paper
of every god damn
poem
 i've ever written

-�"

© 2013 Oceana


Author's Note

Oceana
I literally took like five fluff stanzas out of this when I realized that detail =/= substance

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Honest and direct words. I like the words of Dryden. "Writer are the observers of time and history." Words can have many purposes. To make someone cry, laugh or think. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


bravo on the succintness.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like this without the fluff, Oceana.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

I do too. The fluff was altogether too angsty. Thank you :)
I like your short poems :)
They're so .....straight to the point. I can't quite comprehend how you can put a whole message in a few simple lines, when I would fill an entire page with pointless waffle without actually getting to the point haha
Great work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

Awww, that's so kind. Thank you very much! Put a smile on my face :)
Blunt and truthful
Nicely done.
I love how this is so straightforward, I always love the short "to the point" poems, they leave you wanting more but satisfied with what you have and contemplating what you just read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

Much appreciated, as always, thanks so much!
Nice write and a powerful poem. This's short but it's filled with appropriate words. you can write more about it if you want to make it more powerful but if we look at as a poem or as a short poem then it's really appropriated. I'ver read your author's note and you should have to add few more lines to make it more clear to a reader to well understand what your this writing want to show about "I DON'T KNOW".
but, as a reader, i loved your imaginary here that you've just dropped by. your last line couldn't well suite to continuation, if you add some lines before last lines then it could be nice.
Sorry, if you feel hurt by my this crtiticism, sorry, even i love to get review filled with much criticism and i love to give others not in the way to crticise their feelings, or hurt them but i criticize others so that they could know reader has read your stuffs very deeply and if you still feel that my review sucks and hurts you then sorry. I know it's a beautiful poem and it could be more beautiful if you folllow what i said.
In a nut shell, thanks for sharing such a nice piece. I can't say that i enjoyed because it's filled with pain but, i can say that i liked your work. keep posting me your stuffs so that i could read good stuffs and could critisize you if you really want to criticize :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
excellent...and it goes either way here...the speaker is saying..i don't love you the way you love me...

or...i don't love you the way i used to...and i have let you go...you do not move my pen anymore...or...maybe you never did.

love short poems that express so much between the lines.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Jacob. Your review is appreciated as always
In the same way

That's where it's at for me on this one.

CM

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

Any way I could get you to clarify a little on that, haha? I think I get what you're saying but I wa.. read more
I like this poem. It means a couple of things to me. He is in denial or he is a writer who's past loves feel everything is about them. Which they often do. Everyone thinks it's about them and bits may be, but the whole of it, the emotions are so much more. Thank you for this beautiful poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

Thanks, so much!
Wow! You packed a lot of venom into so few words. I'm guessing venom springing from the frustration of the object of the poem refusing to understand where the speaker or writer is coming from.

Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

I'd say frustration is an accurate word... Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013

Author

Oceana
Oceana

Not Quite Boston



About
the documents on my computer are equal parts essays on the middle east and never-quite finished nonsensical stories. i would like to say i have a zeal for life but my caffeine addiction must first .. more..

Writing
For B For B

A Poem by Oceana


Over Over

A Poem by Oceana



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Regrets Only Regrets Only

A Poem by Oceana


Who Wins Who Wins

A Poem by KeelyJane


~Power~ ~Power~

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~