They Came

They Came

A Story by ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
"

About an alien invasion. trumatic experience a group who saves humanity forces younger generations to inherit the overlooked possibility of another invasion.

"

Watching the day turn to dusk and dusk to night I felt something crawling up my spine, they came without warning and without a want. Blood red eye’s, men but not men, we watched the helpless as the monsters without souls ate, ate, and ate. In the summer heat my heart did beat as I watched in horror, wandering through the dark they wanted blood. Creatures in the skin of humans that were not like us, cornered, I felt my stomach turns as the monsters wander the streets. We fought back the terrorist attack, an invasion of a species unknown to us before the day became night. They fell from the skies in unmatchable scores. There skin melted as the heavens cried without mercy, unleashing alien destruction. No one was prepared, nations fell to the ground, we fought and lost. We won for awhile, then the others waiting for a chance came causing chaos and catastrophe and under the circumstance we rose, heros we were written as such. Men and women and children resisted the sounds of the ones bringing destruction and defended the rest who chose not to defend themselves. The ambush turned to war, we lost so many but in the end a weakness was found, not the head, our most valuable appendage but the centre, they did not see from there head although they had eye. They did not hear from there ears although had like us, imitation. We struck them where we breathed but they did not breath, the throat was unlike ours. We aimed for the chest, they fell, they thought as one and saw as one. They heard nothing. We used guns but the speed of ammunition was matched with their ability to heal. We used knives and blades and made every cut a final one. After the night was dawn, they blocked the sun with their armada, lacking intelligence enough to leave our cameras in orbit was there mistake, watching from screens we saw what only they could see. More came but not like us, they were as there god made them, insect like, reptilian eyes, slits, no mouths on there face, but on there backs, fasts as a vehicle, wild human like arms, tentacle fingers and hair over there scaly surface. The sky was black but pink shone through and between their crafts. /they had no sight yet they had eyes. Not eyes but a sender and receiver. We stabbed the venerable species, we watched cautiously and curiously, we tried to make them come to us as they were wandering our cities eating the dead. Our anger grew and as dusk turned to day innocent ran away, we tried to stop them for fear of more lost but the ones who came made no attempt to catch the fleeing, then we knew, our senses were not there senses. The imitated ones could see but these were not those. They were them, not being us but being them. Millions were fighting, noticing what was so poorly concealed. The ships were designed like the creature were, with two openings on the underbelly, a sender and a receiver. They came, they fled as noble men observed the stupid fragile species, futile what they had in numbers meant nothing as they walked into the predictable. Houses and buildings are where we are taught to hide, they came for the information, they failed to report that humanity was if pushed into a corner would do anything to get out of the bind. They failed to tell there others of the secret machines over top the surface of the ocean and under it. Thinking we were primitive made mistake to take us at night, we are blind without light but can see with the help of advances can see anywhere. In the dark and in the light, they were wrong to think that we had no defence, travellers who came from so far with the desire to conquer were made example of. We shot the ships from the sky, we took them captive. They died before we could understand them. We thought we won, we the heros were given the rights to know what we faced. What we killed. But dismissed when we warned that they were no threat compared to what was next. The "they" were coming in a hostile retreat, trying to make a haven from which they had fled. Using some to disguise themselves to come and understand so they would have no problem eliminating what they did not want to understand. This was the beginning. A man fighting an intelligent infant, they left no warnings for us, there trillions were but a small piece of what they were before they had to run. We the heros observed the actions of the creatures, which acted like a child, but were not as a child behaved when given the option of acting in right or wrong would do the unnecessary. They would kill and then destroy, no respect, then would search for more, do it again and again, they killed with fear then cowardly would demean there pray. The ones who did not see thought they were barbaric but as an infant with intelligence they know to hurt and hurt but not understand when enough was enough. This made them as infants in the heros eyes. We saw the invasion unfold, was saw there vehicles, they were refugees. Spying on us to gather information, knowing us, knowing that if they came there could be no understanding, knowing that there trillions and our billions would and could not live in harmony. We had to go, if some stayed then they risked an outburst of rebellion. They knew us and feared us and we did what was known to be done. They travelled in ships that looked outdated but to the men who had not faced them were new, more advanced. The ones who watched then killed had all noticed this. Refugees fleeing from what? The ships that were taken down had survived our atmosphere and were only damaged by us in the "eyes" yet there were other makings, etched into the sides like scars of their pods. Years passed and we were written out of history, dismissed as lunatics deranged from the invaders spree. Years burdened us and we had moved on in life, but our families were burdened with the knowledge. We the heros, we the dead have all died but our warning stayed, "They" came, they fell, if we ignore what we saw, we will become the infants. Fleeing, killing without understanding. Killing to survive. Yesterday turned to today with a calming silence heard by all. Tomorrow, we will wait, but wait not in vain. For tomorrow maybe tomorrow or the day after but if it comes and we forget then we will not know to be diligent. Fleeing and killing was there mistake, the heros burden was to tell the sons to stay and fight, no matter what. Do not act as humanity would, act as one should. Stay and defend, even if it means to die. For the right, not wrong.

© 2008 ODMK {Oliver D.M King]


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a great writing ,great imagination,,an attack on good people of earth by ignorant ugly creatures ,who want to take it all by force ,but the heroes are always there,they wanted to overrule but human fought to death,and we survived ,we had to fight ,you know this could be explained in many other ways ,its a very good write

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 22, 2008

Author

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
ODMK {Oliver D.M King]

Undisclosed., Canada, Canada



About
I love to write, I am an 'eccentric' YouTuber with an eclectic taste in music. I blog and vlog at least once a week. i plan on being a writer and filmmaker as of right now, just working on that first .. more..

Writing