"Dead Things"

"Dead Things"

A Story by ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
"

My second sight. I see, for fact, dead people. Some are nice and others aren't, this is TRUE and about what i can see, feel, sense.

"

When I was younger I was always scared of the dark, I had an utter fear for the unknown. I thought that whatever was in the darkness of my front yard light or in the corner of my dimly lit bedroom was something that would hurt me or affect me negatively in some way. At the age of twelve I was child with an over active imagination and I loved the thought of supernatural phenomenon but, again, feared it. One night I was in my bed about to go sleep but when I turned over I happened to look across the hall into my mothers room and over my niece and saw a ghost. An old man, just his head floating over her, the apparition look as though it was walking behind something that concealed it’s lower half or headless. I told my parents that night and they told me to go to bed and try forget about it, thinking I was making it up. The next day we got a phone call from my grandmother telling us that my grandfather was about to die, two days later he did. From that day on any person within a proximity of me, a three person distance (in a sequential chain of friends or family) who died was anticipated by me and my family from the things I saw.

The things I saw were mostly only saw and they usually were white, they could be a sphere shaped spirit or a human shaped ghost. Most of the time it was seen, but this story isn’t about those things. I am not scared anymore about the unknown, the things I saw most of the time weren’t alarming to me. I’ve seen or felt other things, things not as pleasant. One night a couple years back at a dance me and my parents were enjoying ourselves when out of nowhere I felt something wrap itself around my leg, I looked down and saw nothing. An invisible presence had grasped itself around me, a hand. In my mind I saw it happen, I saw a girl mouth open as if to be screaming silently tugging at my leg, no iris just a blank stare into nothing. I panicked, my heart was racing and I told my mom and dad what had just happened. We were about to leave when someone went up to the podium and stopped the band from playing, they said a girl, my parents knew who I was related to, had been hitchhiking and she was in the middle of the road for some reason and was struck by a semi head on, right outside the building we were in. My parents thought that since I was so close and the death wasn’t supposed to happen her own spirt came to tell me. I looked at the clock and her death and my incident were on the exact same minute.

My parents on occasion tell people about what I see and some think it’s a gift of second sight or something. My grandmother told medicine men, priest, and pastors about it and they were all wanting to meet me about it but I never actually went, I didn’t like the idea of going to see people about how I know before others someone is going to die. I as well didn’t want them to know about the other things I see. The dead things. I call them this because they look like there, in the afterlife dead. In October I was walking home from Youth Group and I saw this shadowy figure on top of a snowbank, it was in the form of a little girl, she was angry and standing straight forward looking directly at me with hollow eyes. I stopped and curiously observed her, she was too screaming but I could hear her voice in the wind. The night was calm but it was as if the general area she was in had a fierce wind. I was about a half a block away and could clearly tell she wasn’t living or seen by anyone inside there houses.

Yes, I no longer scared of what I cannot see, I embrace the darkness but now generally when one dies I feel no pain about them leaving, just the pain of them gone. I have lost truly loved ones but I am at piece with them, that in no way means I don’t hurt when they go just means I never have pain for those who are gone because now I can say goodbye and be happy with them KNOWING how I’ve felt and them, me.

© 2008 ODMK {Oliver D.M King]


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow your writing is epic i really really like it did this stuff really happen?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 23, 2008

Author

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
ODMK {Oliver D.M King]

Undisclosed., Canada, Canada



About
I love to write, I am an 'eccentric' YouTuber with an eclectic taste in music. I blog and vlog at least once a week. i plan on being a writer and filmmaker as of right now, just working on that first .. more..

Writing