REZ DOGS PART II

REZ DOGS PART II

A Story by ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
"

This is a story about two twin brothers who grew up on a reservation in Northern Saskatchewan Canada. The story deals with love, hate, acceptance, tolerance, redemption, salvation, and growth.

"
In The Beginning.
Kiran:
As I snuck into our home I thought about how unlikely me and Isaiah's story was to believe. That he and I would get away with it with all the witnesses present. The only thing on my mind was faith, it's funny how all my life god was absent except for the nights to come. I has walked into the bathroom and stripped myself of all my bloodstained clothes, washed my hands and collected each article of clothing with precision and shoved them into a small garbage bag. Too far, I had gone too far this time.
Me being a kid I had no idea what I was going to do or thought about where I was going to go. So I ran away, far away. First to Vancouver doing small low paying jobs then moving down to Seattle, making my way to Portland and finally Los Angeles. I kept to myself for two years and then one day I was approached in a cafe I was working at about acting. I hadn't even thought about it but I decided why not? So I auditioned with about 200 other guys, out of them 49 and me got a call back. My first acting gig was a small reoccurring role on a sitcom for three seasons.
My life changed a lot, in five years I became a very bad person and then a very good one. It was amazing to see my transformation in the eyes of my peers. Hollywood is such a corrupting place, everyone tried failing to make me do bad things and I became known around town as someone who was a 'goody good' what did I care? I was more successful then them and bad things seemed to stop happening to me when I was sober and in control of my destiny. I had no contact with anyone back home, no idea what the consciences of my actions were. No one came looking for me so I figured it was a good thing.
I was very private and talked only to my agent, a few friends and any lovers I had. That was it, I stayed in on my down time, read, worked out and played music in my loft. Life was good. All the years I was alive which felt like four decades rather then just over two, none of my existence was as sombre then now. The calm waters were about to get turbid though.
Isaiah
Selflessly I lied for my brother, ironically confessing to something I didn't do. My whole life was bent around doing everything for Kiran. This was the last thing I ever did for him, and I had no regrets, for what I did was to show him goodness, his heart was filled with longing and hatred although it was not prevalent in his lightheartedness. But I knew about the drugs he did and the people he hung out with when he was not with me. It caught up with him like I had told him but instead of saying "I told you so" I said "go, be free."
For years I was in prison, when I got out everyone that was there for me had abandoned me. Save for my aunt, she asked my why I had lied for my brother but rather then telling her I took the fall, a question everyone secretly thought a question I ignored. I seen first hand how easy it was to slip into Kiran's lifestyle, the feelings I assumed he felt I was feeling. The friends he had were associated with the feeling too. My life changed in a split second.
Once a criminal always a criminal, in and out of jail after B&E, home invasion, arson and even assault with a deadly weapon people started to believe I was the one who did what Kiran had done. I was walking in Kiran's shoes, my question was what shoe's were he walking in? Seven years had past without any word from him. No one spoke of him either, were somebodies when we toured the prairie provinces with promise of becoming something big then in an instant  it was all taken away.
Had he died? I would ask myself every other day? After thinking, wondering, imagining what he was up to and where he was up to it, whatever it was he was doing. All I had was fading memories of good and bad times.
One day someone mentioned that they had seen me on TV at a crack house in Regina, I figured he was so f*****g high that he had no idea what he was talking about. It wasn't for awhile longer until I realized how wrong that assumption was.

© 2011 ODMK {Oliver D.M King]


Author's Note

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
This is the second of twelve to twenty short chapters. Please tell me if there are any inconsistencies in the story I write it from my mind in the wee hours of the night. Advice is greatly appreciated and constructive criticism is always welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OK, I could not stand it...had to read on. You got something here. The TV role is an interesting twist. Good work. Ready for RD3.
Thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 7, 2011
Last Updated on March 11, 2011
Tags: Reservation, Los Angeles, LA, Saskatchewan, Fame, twin brothers, drugs, alcohol, abuse, reserve, indian, native american, USA, Oscar, Academy Award

Author

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
ODMK {Oliver D.M King]

Undisclosed., Canada, Canada



About
I love to write, I am an 'eccentric' YouTuber with an eclectic taste in music. I blog and vlog at least once a week. i plan on being a writer and filmmaker as of right now, just working on that first .. more..

Writing