REZ DOGS PART V

REZ DOGS PART V

A Story by ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
"

This is a story about two twin brothers who grew up on a reservation in Northern Saskatchewan Canada. The story deals with love, hate, acceptance, tolerance, redemption, salvation, and growth.

"
Recluse
Isaiah
On my road to recovery I found myself again in my old passion for writing music. It was almost 8 years since I wrote a song. I tried completing stuff in prison but it hard when all you're doing is feeling sorry for yourself. Kiran was the rockstar of the band, the drummer and bass players were the ones who just wanted to do it as a side project while being teenagers, for p***y but not wanting to do it long term. From time to time I would run into them by chance, Mike had his life together, married with one kid, one on the way. Chase was a car salesmen in Edmonton who was divorced with his ex living in Regina.
In my bones I knew it was time for change. It was a long time coming but it's not like it was easy. Easy is the last thing it was. I had to shut my self of from an already sheltered life. All my friends were dealers and pushers. During the weekend I would spend that with my family and on the week I found myself constantly looking for work, drywalling, construction work mainly, the occasional fill-in for back up vocal or lead guitarist. When I first started all I wanted was another hit and another sip but as the days wore into weeks I found myself feeling the urge less and less. It was wonderful.
One day I got a call from my aunt, she wanted to see me. I was ecstatic about it of course, my kids never ever got to see their great aunt in their lives, I had often wondered if word reached her about them. I told her about them, she seemed really happy to talk to me, I told her about my recovery, she was sceptical but supportive, we arranged to meet the following week, she was to come into the city and stay in a hotel downtown a few blocks from my new apartment.
When she came she had news for me.
"It's about your mom..." she trailed off, I had never even really thought of her as my mom, she wasn't ever a real part of my life. I looked at her with repose, with a sigh she broke the news to me "She died, it was awhile back but we had no contact with her and one day we got a call saying that she was at a house party... you know junkies" I ignored the stab "anyway someone pulled a knife and she got in the way..." she looked away- I could tell how upset she was. I pulled her close and in my embrace she broke down. After all, it was her sister, who she never got along with but still.
"It's okay" I told her while she wept. I could only feel a single tear fall from my face. The mother I had never known who never took an effort to love her own children. My father ran out on her and she went back to drugs after we were born but thank god the first time she left us alone we were taken away. Now after all of this I was repeating the same habits as her. After awhile she regained her stride, my aunt was always composed and jolly, it was her way. She was very traditional and strict, as a boy she always wanted Kiran to model himself after I but Kiran had his own plans.
"Speaking of family, did you see? Kiran?"
"Yes! That boy surprised us all didn't he!" She said with a laugh, I could tell she was still in pain about the news about my mother "I thank the creator that he found himself! Recently he's been out of the light though." I told her I didn't notice, she seemed to forgive everything that happened back in the day which seemed wonderful to me. I told her that I was really clean, I even went to get my AA chips and told her about my sponsor. She told me that once she saw my face all filled with colour and getting plump she knew it to be true.
After saying our goodbyes the next day, we went our separate ways agreeing to stay in contact. I was happy things were looking up for me.
Kiran
I shut myself in from the outside world. My agent finally asked me about the past, the big question, and I thought he understood after telling him about it, that I did not want to disclose to the outside world the story of my past.
Over the next few days he got me told me of a ver high profile director wanting me in the lead of his next big picture. My salary was neighbouring eight figures. Offers for advertising products came in with huge paycheques too. But the most frequent of offers were books and interviews, which I did not want to even discuss.
I thought about Isaiah and came to the conclusion that he would not want anything to do with me after, I'm sure, getting news of me winning an academy award. What I had done surely put him in the hottest of water and I knew that it would only end badly for him. On the other side of the argument I thought that he might think I was ignoring him after owning all my success to his sacrifice. if he was even alive.... I was scared.
I was so scared when I was a boy, being a teenager who was supposed to be brave- I did drugs and acted out because I hated everything. The war around me and Isaiah every day. I was a fighter, I laughed with everyone, I played make-believe. All I had was Isaiah, hope wasn't even a thought to me. Fear fed within me like a parasite, it was a disease I hid well, and this time instead of extroversion I turned into myself and his from the world.
Then someone from Saskatchewan claiming to be my "sister-in-law" came fourth and was talking to the press. I was pleased to know there was more of a story that I had not heard of Isaiah. One of my friends left me a link to the interview with her talking about my twin brother Isaiah and how he never talked about me, and only heard of my once, the night I won the Academy Award and she realized I was a spitting image of him.
I had to know more.

© 2011 ODMK {Oliver D.M King]


Author's Note

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
This is the fifth instalment of my 'REZ DOGS' story. The same applies as before, please tell me if you see any inconsistency in the story/plot/characters etc because this is coming from late night/early morning- haven't slept yet Olly. I welcome and thank any constructive criticism.

This story is not the way it is going to be as the finished product. It is a VERY watered down version with only the main characters apart of it. Also, in the story plot I have in my head, the 'incident' takes place off the reserve, not at a friends.

I am nearing the climax of the story so part V maybe the middle, I don't know for sure though. If you have any questions about this story please feel free to ask. And you can re-post it if you like but I kindly ask you to request permission from me, the owner of this intellectual property.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on March 11, 2011
Last Updated on March 11, 2011

Author

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
ODMK {Oliver D.M King]

Undisclosed., Canada, Canada



About
I love to write, I am an 'eccentric' YouTuber with an eclectic taste in music. I blog and vlog at least once a week. i plan on being a writer and filmmaker as of right now, just working on that first .. more..

Writing