BLACK.

BLACK.

A Poem by Oghos
"

This is for those of us that have to prove our worth to people, because they think the worst about you. This is about proving them wrong. People that expect you to fail. This is about being a winner.

"
"Being Black is more than a race, its more than being African.
black is strength"

Black was Quiet,
Black was bullied,black was weak, black was submissive, black was last, and black was insignificant.

You know you're black when you're raised by a single mum, working 2jobs.
You know you're black when your sister gets pregnant at 18 by a boy in college owing the government on his student loans.
You know you're black when you have a criminal record.
You know you're black when you love Chicken wings. Like you walk into a restaurant and the waiter doesn't offer you a Menu,
He says;
"Chicken wings, Buffalo wings, a big Mac sir?"

You know you're black when your baby brother gets shot on the block, in a gang bang.

They'll call you N***a.
N***a; A black man with dreams and hunger... Hunger for a better future, for that white picket fence, a good job. A better mortgage. A silver lining. Hope.

I am black.
When I hear the word black I think of me.
A strong minded person, I don't take No for an answer. I work hard.
I am hungry for success, I believe in change.
I'm feeling real black right now.

I am black.
Yes, I've got a large family. We're all doing good. We pay our taxes, we're not running the streets selling dope. We live life legit. Black is my strength, black is my little ray of hope.
Because I am black, I'll work twice as hard, I have so many dreams.
I have fantasies of vacating in the French Riviera.
Don't have pity on me or feel sorry for me. I am Black. I am strong. I am a Soldier.
I am African. I am Black.

I have this dream, I have this dream... One day, sooner than later Black will conquer. Black will mean a ray of hope, black will claim its rightful throne. Black is an overcomer.
Black is a dominant.
Black is my heritage.
Black is KING.

© 2014 Oghos


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on September 11, 2014
Last Updated on September 11, 2014
Tags: Black, Winner, Ambition, No Racism, One People.

Author

Oghos
Oghos

Lagos, Africa, Nigeria



About
I am a young lady. I love to write, it brings me fulfillment and an 'escape'. I write life changing fiction. With my characters I get to be a rockstar, a socialite with too many Manolos and someon.. more..