Firefly Night

Firefly Night

A Story by effy
"

Once upon a midnight dream, there was once a land of faeries...

"

Once upon a midnight dreary, a faerie walked the forest floor. She was short in stature with long, flowing hair that matched the color of the moon itself. Her skin was silky smooth and as pale as the moonlight. Her name was Allay. Now, Allay was a very special fae. She was given a gift upon birth that allowed her to take away any unwanted emotion by anyone she touched. One day, Allay was laying in her favorite meadow filled with yellow and white and orange tulips. The moon’s beams catching her face in such a way that one might have thought she was an angel. But little did she know there was a fae that was lurking in the darkness, just waiting for her moment to strike. The fae was evil and was very jealous of Allay. Every day she would watch her from afar and wait until she went back home to her faerie circle. Just as Allay was about to fly home, the evil faerie swooped her up and cast her away into the moon. She is known today as the moon’s shadow.

But don’t you fret. You see, the evil fae was caught for her act and punished to surrender her darkness to the shadows. This is known today as night. Now, what happened to the evil fae is unknown but it is said that since her darkness was gone it only left her with light which she shares with all the other faeries to light up the sky. They are known as fireflies.

© 2012 effy


Author's Note

effy
I wrote this story about two years ago for my little sisters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on November 30, 2012
Last Updated on November 30, 2012
Tags: fae, faeries, faerie, child's story

Author

effy
effy

Sedro-Wolley, WA



About
My name's Effy and I tend to write a lot of fanfiction but my best friend and I are currently writing a book together so I hope it goes well. I'm currently in the process of publishing my own book as .. more..

Writing
one. one.

A Chapter by effy


Odd Man Out Odd Man Out

A Book by effy


Okay Okay

A Story by effy