Veni Vitti Vici

Veni Vitti Vici

A Story by ohyesjeff
"

Beginning of a story

"

[Chapter 1]

            We pull up to the house and park the Caddy into the garage. I shoot Pauly a look before stepping out, and he returns the same one. F**k.

            “Pauly! Frankie! Get over here and pour me a drink, you sons-a-b*****s!”

            “If you win this hand, I’ll make you a drink and shine your f****n’ shoes as you drink it, Uncle Larry.”

            Pauly sat down as if he intended on making himself comfortable. I stood there awkwardly; I guess one could say I was a bit ‘out of my element’.

            “HAHAHA! JOHNNIE!? Johnnie, get some polish, Pauly’s about to shine my shoes for me.” 

            I could see Pa and Joe-Joe glaring at me from the corner of my eye. Am I really that much of a dead give away?

            “OH, OH…OOOOOOHH! You couldn’t have given me a f****n’ diamond, Joe-Joe? You should shine my shoes anyway, Pauly, it would be like the good ole’ times.”

            “Yeah, and you can throw me a f****n’ nickel, Uncle Larry.” 

As the two of them and the Gooney brothers laughed, Pauly turned and smiled at me, as if nothing had happened. I don’t think he would say a word to them, or even be here right now, if I didn’t persuade him earlier.

            Right as Pauly starts to deal (yeah, he’s f****n’ playing poker now), Pa stands up and signals Johnnie and the two goons to leave the room. My throat was so dry that I picked up one of the kids’ drinks and downed it. There goes six months, I guess.

            “Is one of you morons going to tell me what the F**K is going on, or am I going to have to beat both of you senseless?”

Everyone stared, wide-mouthed, then turned to me and Pauly. Pauly had the f*****g nerve to turn to me.

“Pa, it’s really no big deal -”

Johnnie pokes in from the other room, “Pa, it’s for you. They’re saying it’s urgent.”

Pa gets up and grabs the phone, staring at me the whole way, into the other room. I wanted to get up and make a run for it, but then I would definitely be fish food. Hey, maybe it’s not about this thing; maybe it’s the mechanic or the distributor, or hell, maybe Pa’s mother died. God forgive me, but I pray that Pa’s mother died.

Right as I ask Johnnie for a drink, Pa stops talking in the other room. I hold my breath and try to hear what Pa’s saying to Uncle Larry. Suddenly, he walks back into the room. PA, WAIT, NO!

 

[Chapter 2]

Pauly and I stopped by the restaurant and had some of Pa’s delicious veal scallopini, with pappardelle bolognese on the side. Afterwards, each of us went home and got ready to meet our dates before going to a party. These broads weren’t exactly the cream of the crop, but it didn’t matter; once the guys at the joint saw that we had dates and let us in, we could ditch the broads and do our thing.

By the time I pick up Pauly and the birds and get to the joint, it’s around nine o’clock. We finally get into the place at eleven, and Pauly, the dog that he is, immediately ditches his broad and leaves her for me to entertain. Of course, I would have just left them both standing by the door, dumbfounded, but the broad I was with said she was ‘quite the cook’, and she reminded me of my mother in a weird way. I think it was her eyes. Anyway, I take them to the dance floor so I don’t have to listen to the annoying one talk, and as we’re dancing, I notice Pauly talking to some broad. She looked rich; white fur coat, shiny, pearl necklace, diamond earrings; the works.

And a big, fat diamond ring on her finger. I should have stopped you right then, Pauly.

So after a few songs, I head to the little boys’ room to take a piss. Strangely, when I reach for the door handle, the same broad Pauly was talking to opens the door and walks out of the bathroom.

“Frankie! Where have you been, I’ve been looking all over for you!? The girls here are great. Did you ditch that broad you brought here yet?”

I looked at him and said, “Pauly, what’s the matter with you? Buckle up your pants, will you? YOU HAVE PUKE ON YOUR SHIRT!”

The kid was a wreck, I didn’t know he drank that much.

“Oh. The girls here are great, Frankie, I love them.” He was smiling like a little kid.

“Yeah, I could see that. I bumped into your girl when I walked in here. Alright let’s get you cleaned up; you can’t be walking around with f****n’ puke on your shirt.”

I helped Pauly clean his shirt and we walked out of the bathroom together.

© 2011 ohyesjeff


Author's Note

ohyesjeff
What do you think so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i think....it`s goin great i espically like the part.......I looked at him and said, “Pauly, what’s the matter with you? Buckle up your pants, will you? YOU HAVE PUKE ON YOUR SHIRT!”.......i really can`t wait to read the rest of it....
Natty

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i think....it`s goin great i espically like the part.......I looked at him and said, “Pauly, what’s the matter with you? Buckle up your pants, will you? YOU HAVE PUKE ON YOUR SHIRT!”.......i really can`t wait to read the rest of it....
Natty

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
1 Review
Added on December 23, 2011
Last Updated on December 23, 2011
Tags: mafia, veni, vitti, vici

Author

ohyesjeff
ohyesjeff

NY



About
Jeff. 21. College student. more..

Writing
Group Therapy Group Therapy

A Screenplay by ohyesjeff


Lydia & Johnson Lydia & Johnson

A Screenplay by ohyesjeff