Chapter 28- Identity Crisis.

Chapter 28- Identity Crisis.

A Chapter by The Fallen
"

When Destiny wakes up from a visit from her inner demon, she goes into the washroom. Her reflection now aggravates her...Can she ever face the truth about herself?

"

Sharp, red nails pressed into throat, A pair of lips found their way to my ear, cackling. I squeezed my eyes shut and hoped it was all just a nightmare. A simple, regular, nightmare. When I opened my eyes once again to see myself staring back at me. Her hair was a deep grey, like a rock in water, and her eyes as bright as a strawberry, and her skin was white as snow. She smiled, showing her sharp teeth, and she ran her fingernails along my jaw line.


“Let me take over. There is no need for a fake mortal to remain within this body.” She said softly.


“Desiree...” The name escaped my lips. She nodded and picked up a mirror, placing it in front of me. A pair of blue eyes looked back, my hair was black like the night sky and my teeth were normal, and my skin was pale like it was a couple weeks ago. I was myself again. I pushed the mirror aside and looked back at my twin. My evil twin.


“That was who we were, this.” She gestured to herself. “Is who we are now! There is no sense in fighting me, I will win. I will get what I want.” She looked around, waiting for something else to appear. “We will get our soul, Destiny. We will be true demons!” She let out a malicious laugh, quickly bringing her face close to mine I got lost within her red eyes. “Red Crescent Moon. That is what I am waiting for.”


Her eyes became the moon, and her face faded away. The red moon towered over me, as I stood in the park, alone. All my senses had heightened, and as if it were on cue my body erupted into flames just as a human entered the park. I ran my tongue over my razor-sharp fangs. I dashed towards the human, with one thing in my mind; Kill it.


I sat up straight in bed, my eyes wandered around the room looking for Ash, who was no longer beside me. I Took in a few deep breaths in an attempt to calm my nerves. Was that really going to happen? I wondered.


Ash stepped into the room, his amber eyes full of worry. He shoved his hands into his jean pockets, and walked towards me. He gave me a weak smile and offered his hand to me. I quickly took it and he pulled me out of the bed. “Get dressed” He said softly. I nodded, walking into the closet and grabbing a pair of jeans and a pink top. I ran into the washroom, taking off my pyjamas, I quickly replaced them with my clothes. I looked at myself in the mirror, the dream. The nightmare. Was defiantly accurate, I was no longer that girl I was weeks ago. I was a demon, a life I had not chosen for myself.


Red eyes, lighter colour hair, paler skin, sharp teeth. I was a monster in my own opinion, and I could not change it.


So here I was again, completely confused about who I really was. A few tears escaped my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. I was never going to be normal again,and I was never going to get my human life back. I clenched my fist and looked at my disturbing reflection, my horrific change.


“This is not who I am!” I screamed at my reflection. “I chose who I want to be!” I said as I drove my fist into the mirror, shattering it. My reflection fell to pieces, falling onto the marble counter top. I pulled my fist away from the mirror, and looked at the blood slowly making it's way down my arm, I felt no pain as I stared at the crimson line. I looked back up at the mirror in the exact spot where I punched was a mark and a bunch of cracks. Besides the blood on my knuckles, I was not hurt.


The door to the washroom quickly sprung open as Ash barged in, his eyes frantically looking around and coming to a quick stop on the mirror, they slowly looked down at my wrist. “What happened?!” He asked kissing my knuckles. I pulled my hand away from him and cradled it against my chest.


“It does not hurt. Nor do I intend on explaining my actions.” I said, walking briskly past him. I heard his soft sigh behind me, as he began picking up the few pieces that had fallen off the mirror. How can I ever look at myself in the mirror without being disgusted by my own reflection?


A soft, deep, chuckle sounded in the back of my brain.


Desti...Are you having a identity crisis?


Silas...


I looked around, hoping he had finally come, but no one else but Ash was in the room. I heard a quiet growl, quickly noticing it was me. Why?! Why! Did he call me Desti! He knows I hate that! I screamed in my head. He knew how to push my buttons without having to actually be here.


You're reflection does not show the real you. It only shows you what you look like to others, you aren't that girl. Do not let it aggravate you...You are Destiny...The same Destiny I grew up with. You were never one to allow others to say anything, so why are you allowing the way you look bother you? It's just your reflection. It cannot show who you really are inside...


I sighed softly, why was he always right...Why was he always there when I needed him most. But most of all where the heck was he when I needed him before?!


I knew he was right though, I could not hide who I truly am though I can keep on trying. My hands found their way to the necklace around my neck, the one I had received from the spirit of the Falls. I had almost forgotten I still had a wish, one I was probably going to figure out. I sighed, and tore my hand away from the necklace, placing my head in my hands in frustration.


Maybe going to see Dawn tonight is for the best, she can get my mind off things. Hopefully.


Ash walked over to me, dark shadows underneath his eyes. He sighed softly, his amber eyes extremely worried, frustrated, and angry. “The moon is tonight you know.” He spat. “Can't you spend time with Dawn tomorrow?” He asked, almost pleading. I shook my head, and looked at him as if he were ridiculous, there was no going back when it came to Dawn. She would think she was no longer important to me anymore. Which was not the case.


“I can't. Look I made plans, and I will not change them.” I growled at him. He shook his head in defeat.


“This is such a bad idea, You are already acting like a demon.” He said quietly. My eyes widened, I was not acting like a demon! I was being myself,wasn't I? I was not letting Desiree take over!


“Take that back!” I stood up,and looked at him, flames bursting from my eyes. Ash looked down at me.


“No, because you need to know what you are turning in to!” He barked before turning and storming out of the room.




© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
This chapter took me forever to write...It's short...but I had so many emotions within me that related to Destiny as well...Both of us are going through a change...Beats me if it's good or bad...But we are both in an identity crisis...

Anyways...thoughts..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am so sorry it took me so long to get to this...I had over 200 read requests in my inbox so I'm just getting caught up now. Anyways, I LOVE this!! You are such a gifted writer and storyteller. And you seem to have this way with dialogue that so few people have now in the sense that I can actually hear it as a real conversation in my head. Well done, my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sorry for the late review. I feel bad for Destiny, and I think everyone can relate to her. We all struggle with who we really are at some point in our lives. IT's not easy, but we all figure it our in time. I loved this chapter, and I want Silas back with her now! XD Great job, and can't wait for more. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, the opening scene was haunting, creepy... Is she losing herself or still in control. I love the psychological conflicts she is having, and it was sweet that Silas saves her from despair at this point... Though I wish Ash could do more. She is still herself.... For now. I wonder what the red moon will bring... Great chapter!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Thank you!!! :D
I love how you've described her inner conflict :D Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Thanks
Amazing! Love her internal struggle with who she is! Poor Ash has no idea how to help her:( but I loved him being in the chapterXD Silas was so sweet! I can't wait for him to one back! Sooo gad you posted this! Totally made my day because it was perfect! XD

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Who doesn't.
Bella Luna

10 Years Ago

Fact lol
Bella Luna

10 Years Ago

Fact lol
Short, but powerful and Desiree is scaring me... o.o

Can't wait to see what happens with Dawn. I'm expecting Desiree to show up though... >.>

Great chapter :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Desiree...is scaring me too.....

Haha, Dawn...Things with her and Destiny will change >.. read more
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013
Tags: Silas, Destiny, Desiree, Demon, Reflection, Ash, Mirror, Broken, Shattered, Confused, Identity, Crisis


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..