Color

Color

A Story by Brie
"

What is the pure and true definition of color? Is it more than just a reflection of light? This piece was inspired by an assignment I had in my English class the other day. The story that the assignm

"

Color:

What is a color? Is it more or less of a reflection of light? Could it be a glimpse into the world of pure delight?

A color is a perfect reverse dive into a shallow pool of inevitable feelings. Color is a glimpse into the divine nature of humanity, and a breath of the fresh air of an average life. It is unity, but also division. It is love, but also hatred. If you are a person who is so lucky as to see the color in life, even beyond its literal terms, then you have something incredible within you. You have a flame of adventure and admirance, of wiseness and judiciousness, and of knowledge and truth. You have a talent, in which many don’t. If you can look at something mundane and humdrum, yet see the beauty and intricate design within it, then a very special form of man you must be. The gorgeousness-beyond-words of a simple branch, blade of grass, sunset, combination lock, glittery bow, or any other seemingly mundane object is only a scratch to the surface of the meaning of color. Color isn’t something everyone can see, especially not with the right set of eyes.

© 2017 Brie


Author's Note

Brie
This piece was inspired by an assignment I had in my English class the other day. The story that the assignment was based off of was a short story that my teacher had written. His work made enough of a mark and inspiration for me to create this short piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you painted some beautiful colors

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very good and a beautiful read. You have much more talent than you give yourself credit for. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful piece of work! I loved how you made the word color in italic, it made your point stand out. Great job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 16, 2017
Last Updated on October 16, 2017

Author

Brie
Brie

Speedway, IN



About
Well hello! I'm Brie, a girl who enjoys writing but has little confidence and even lower self-worth. Enjoy, if you want. more..

Writing
Just Let Me Just Let Me

A Poem by Brie


Don't Don't

A Poem by Brie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..