F..k You Mum & DaD!

F..k You Mum & DaD!

A Poem by Onlyme

To be a child and not have love
affection and a caring way
does destroy the heart and soul
and leave the spirit broken

I for one can relate
and truly understand
the pain, the sorrow
discomfort and hurt

Sometimes. It is best
to be alone for a while
and heal those wounds alone

Sometimes, It is best
to shut out the world from
behind that front
door.

Sometimes, It is best
to cry alone
and truly feel your pain
from inside.
And to just let it out.

Sometimes. I need, want
a hug or just someone to care.
But inside and out
I AM S**T SCARED TO TRUST AGAIN.

OH GOD, WHY DID YOU FORSAKE ME!

And leave me on this planet to die all
alone. Am I such a bad person.
That you truly hated me.
So made me be born
just to please your spit
to some drunk and druggie
who never give a s**t.

But I battled with my demons
on and off for years.
I never gave up on Me
So f**k you!
MUM & DAD!

© 2018 Onlyme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can understand how it feels..May be it feels so bad what I can never think of..But my dad is nothing different so I can understand some of your pain..I can understand how it feels when you are a child and on seeing your friend's family you wonder why you can also not have one like them...Because I am also the victim who was raised without the bonding and love of a family..I always had just my mom..She was not just my mom..She was my dad also and for me she was only my family..Your expressed your emotions well..Like you sometimes I also used to think when my mom and dad used to continuosly fight and I had exams the next day..I used to spend entire night by locking myself in washroom..Because I used to know that if I will go out of there....I won't be able to sleep or study...The difference is that you underwent all such things and I am undergoing all these things...
Take care...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks for relating Riddhi, and so sorry for your own suffering. I do hope you find comfort and saf.. read more
Riddhi

5 Years Ago

She is actually nice...I hope that you can forget all those old bad memories...



Reviews

Your words sound so powerfully stated that I suspect this is your true story. If so, I’m sorry for this longterm hurt in your life. I have experienced the same, being regularly raped & beaten for years in my childhood. I’m old now & totally healed. I try to encourage someone feeling this way, as stated in your poem, becuz surviving is something to be proud of . . . you will get to a point where you are so much better than you would’ve been without this hurtful treatment. It may not feel like it for many years, but the healing does come when we least expect it. Your poem pours out such pain in an intense & intelligent way. This isn’t just whining or dumping. This is an artful expression of how bad it can feel. Forget about people who say you should be able to get over it. You are definitely a fighter & a survivor. I’ve always wanted to say what you say in your title, but I could not stop myself from being respectful. I’ve always wondered how it would feel to write a poem with a title like this . . . I just can’t get my arms around it, tho (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


My whole life I had an unstable and toxic relationship with my father. He would call me all the bad names under the sun that he could think of. Names which you should never call your child, let alone your daughter. He told me he never wanted me, he disowned me on multiple occasions, treated me like a disposable object that he owned, then at the end of the day he would come to me and try to act like friends and wondered why I never wanted to be around him and was always in a bad mood. He never accepted me for what I am and was and has always tried to fit me into a mold I simply don't belong in. Try fitting a sphere in a cd slot. All I've ever wanted was to be loved and accepted by him but all I've been met with was conditional love and hurtful words. There's no convincing someone as headstrong as he is, trust me I've done all in my power to try, we get along better now but he still doesn't get it. Surprisingly I've never sworn at him, never gave him the finger, never done anything in spite of him. I've fought back verbally to stand my ground, and physically when I needed to, but I've never gone out of my was to disrespect him. Yet the first thing he says about me when he's mad is how disrespectful I am. What I've been left with is a void so big that nothing else fills it except his true unconditional love and acceptance. I doubt I will ever get it and I'm worried I will forever be broken. I wish I could just scream a big f**k you to him but deep down I know I never will because I still love him regardless of what he's put me through and that even though he treats me in the absolute lowest regard he's always been a perfect husband to my mom and an astounding father to my sister and I do truly respect him for that. It's hard to live with such big conflicting emotions in my heart. As much as I want to relate to this poem, and as much as I have a right to, I don't think I ever truly will.

It's a great expression of emotion and a powerful piece however and I like it a lot. I think I will write a poem about my experiences soon now that I've been inspired by this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Much anger and rightly so. Expressed well in your lines. They feel raw.These children should never let themselves be defined by what their parents did . They should rise up and face the challenges and know that they have done it on their own, and be damn proud of themselves and every little thing they achieve. Stiring words Dee.



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thank you Chris, for your thoughts. :)
Wow, a total depth of lines I can relate to! You put gust in this Dee. It sucks having to go before all you said many doors have open and closed all within that state to be and no1 knows that life nor shoes to fill when flee. I am not sure one can say I am still standing or say I am strong. To damn much broken that should never been. But what can one say?

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thank you Jon, Saldy life is twist and sick. And so are some people on this land as well. But thank .. read more
0000000000000000000000000000

5 Years Ago

Your welcome Dee
I guess we don't have that choice when we are born, and so many bad parents have had such impact on their ids lives. But, when we get on and find a way to like ourselves and understand the beauty of being alive despite the past, its a new start, and no one can take that away form you but you. Great piece and very thought provoking.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks Crowley, for your thoughts and comments.
This poem is hard to digest because the content is so raw and real. It echoes the hurt and people who've been in the same place can relate. It reflects a cry of help that I and so many others might need to vent out, keep writing from your heart. You deserved better but you definitely made the best of the worst situation and came out a strong and creative individual. Hope only brilliant things occur in your life now because you were born for greater things. Here's to looking up and forward to the future and being the best you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Aw, KeeD what a wonderful heart and person you are in general. Massive big hug right towards you. Ho.. read more
KeeD

5 Years Ago

Power to you Dee, cheers for being you! you're a force to be reckoned with, you wear your heart on y.. read more
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks KeeD. I am just me. Far from perfect. Just ordinary down to earth me. But thank you for your .. read more
I can understand how it feels..May be it feels so bad what I can never think of..But my dad is nothing different so I can understand some of your pain..I can understand how it feels when you are a child and on seeing your friend's family you wonder why you can also not have one like them...Because I am also the victim who was raised without the bonding and love of a family..I always had just my mom..She was not just my mom..She was my dad also and for me she was only my family..Your expressed your emotions well..Like you sometimes I also used to think when my mom and dad used to continuosly fight and I had exams the next day..I used to spend entire night by locking myself in washroom..Because I used to know that if I will go out of there....I won't be able to sleep or study...The difference is that you underwent all such things and I am undergoing all these things...
Take care...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks for relating Riddhi, and so sorry for your own suffering. I do hope you find comfort and saf.. read more
Riddhi

5 Years Ago

She is actually nice...I hope that you can forget all those old bad memories...
The anaphora really emphasises your words, loads of emotions going on. Really like this one !

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks Fatima. Makes it speak volumes. And for your thoughts.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2018
Last Updated on June 26, 2018
Tags: Stubborn, loving myself, me

Author

Onlyme
Onlyme

United Kingdom



Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Onlyme



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aimer Aimer

A Poem by lightsong