Stigmas & Misconceptions.

Stigmas & Misconceptions.

A Poem by Onlyme


The materialistic world is taking over more and more each and every day.

My house is luxurious and equipped with fancy electronic gadgets compared to yours. We go on more exotic vacations abroad and my kids go, to fee-paying private schools.

You're kids if lucky shows up at a government-run free for all schools.
We have iPads and iPhones and Apple computers too. your kids a run have the run of the mill cheap stuff. Basically, all you can afford.

Your family is down to earth, basic living and wear brand clothing and shoes.
And if you lucky have minimal appliances around your home in your rough neighbourhood. And your unemployed and get food from the food banks in the hood.



My children go to horse riding and ski holidays too abroad. Your kids stay at home and eat candy and watch tv. Let alone get fat. And into trouble with the neighbours for being a pest in the area.

We have offshore bank accounts. And high paying jobs. Well educated and living a great life. You eat from hand to mouth and live in a council run properly. We drive Jaguars and Rolls Royces. You're lucky if you can even afford a cheap made run around in a tiny car. That looks like a toy. Not a proper vehicle.

And so on... and so on.

Being stigmatized is not nice. And certainly not always true.
no matter your background.

You could have come from a downtrodden class background and applied yourself and raised yourself up with a good strong educational background. study and determination to do good. And eventually did make it. And living the nice life.


And as for coming from a council estate background. That means. You can be a decent, honest, kind, caring, hard worker, and love your family. And care about your neighbours. It also means. You know life is far from easy.
And work hard to get what you need to survive daily. For you and your family. Not everyone is bad or in trouble with the police or doing crime.

And as for living in a high-class area. That certainly does not mean you are of good character. It could mean you could be a criminal and living off the money you mad. Not everything in life is straight forward.

















© 2019 Onlyme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on January 16, 2019
Last Updated on January 16, 2019
Tags: stigmas, misconceptions, life, reality, truth

Author

Onlyme
Onlyme

United Kingdom



Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Onlyme