The Silence is broken

The Silence is broken

A Poem by originalazrael
"

A memory of my loved ones.

"

What will you do to end the silence?
When your last breath echoes against the wind.
When you look up and see the sun, and wish to stay for one more sunset.
When you feel that warm spot against your chest, and feel the liquids drain.
When you know you did everything right, yet still wish for another chance.
When you feel the tears that are not yours.
People staring down.
Girlfriend crying.
Is there nothing left?
Are you truly dying?
Or is there another world just waiting for you to enter.
The world is silent once more.
And may you rest forever.

R.I.P. Jessica (May 8, 1989 - April 16, 2008) and Casavern (August 12, 2004 - April 16, 2008). Hit by a drunk driver. He also died, but his girlfriend lived. I'll miss you both. My only regret is that I should have asked to marry you before Casavern was born. Happy 22nd Birthday, Jess.

I remember how I met Jess. She was out party-hopping, in an elegant white dress, and her friends had abandoned her, so she just sat in the street, red umbrella in hand, rain dripping softly, shoes left at the last party.

So, I took her back to my parents house, (they were gone that weekend, which is why I was out partying), left her to sleep it off in my bed, (I took the floor, being the gentleman I am). The next morning, when she awoke, she offered to make me some dinner the following night as an apology, and we were together as partners after that.

It was a regular love story. I say was, because I don't believe in love anymore.

© 2011 originalazrael


Author's Note

originalazrael
This was written as a tribute to my girlfriend on May 8th, 2011. It was not made to be reviewed or criticized. I would be happy to hear opinions on it, though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

In my worthless opinion the initial -- marvellous -- lines are made poorer by the context; I feel that they deserve to stand alone for all, save, naturally, yourself.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great poetry.. but no doubt, sorry for your loss..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
what a wonderful and heartfelt piece. Such a beautiful story but with a tragic end. I'm so sorry for your loss. may writing be your therapy

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2011
Last Updated on May 21, 2011

Author

originalazrael
originalazrael

Perth, Australia



About
I used to skip English in school because it meant writing essays. Now I want to be an author. Funny how the irony bites you in the a*s. So I have signed on to this website, so that I may improve.. more..

Writing