old fashioned letters

old fashioned letters

A Poem by oursong2

You write me 
Old fashioned letters 
With your perfume on the pages 
It's true and real 
And from the heart 
Not like on the stages
This passion that we share
It's beautiful
It rages, it will never end
You can see it on our faces 
We walk around the town
With our smiles never ending
We will stay hand in hand
Until time is not worth spending 
I will sing her songs every night
So she falls asleep with a smile
The kind of love we have 
Is it's own unique style

© 2016 oursong2


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You write me
Old fashioned letters
With your perfume on the pages
It's true and real
And from the heart

Love this part, this is a wonderful write

Posted 1 Year Ago


awe :) i believe true love exists, too. u just gotta work hard at it. i really love this! its got so much hope in it and has so much to do with what im going through now

keep writing
-marissa

Posted 13 Years Ago


Email can never replace old fashioned letters. This I believe to be fact. It is a great way for lovers to communicate it fosters in time so they can miss each other and allows the heart to grow founder in their absence. Yes you made me remember the magic of writing and mailing an actual letter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was very sweet and the embodiment of pure love. I really loved the first stanza, it illistrated a scene that drew me in. The second stanza was nice because it described this love but not with too much detail, it was simple and sweet, almost like an innermost confession from the speaker of the poem. The rhyme scheme of the third is good because it doesn't feel forced at all, you follow a certain rhyme but it flows nicely. However, that being said I do feel like the rhyme scheme in that of the last stanza does feel a little bit forced with the last line "is measured in miles" this was such a great poem and I feel like the ending was merely added out of the fact that "miles" rhymed with "smile" not only that, but love being measured in miles is imagery that has been used many times before and kind of took away from the beautiful uniqueness of your poem before that last stanza. This is still lovely, these were just my own personal opinion regarding the last stanza. However, art is subjective and in the end this is entirely your masterpiece!
I hope this review helped! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like it. its really nice, and i enjoy its flow.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this made me smile :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


It appears as a genuine letter with a traditional romantic atmosphere. In some instances, it is difficult to create unique love notes. In my view, even if there is well known romantic phrases in poetry, it becomes beautiful and original when the speaker actually means what they are saying. The most appealing line is "with your perfume on the pages" because it appeals to the strongest senses which is scent. It also gives the reader the spiritual aspect that is apart of the irrational love for someone. In regards to criticism, I am not usually picky with the content. However, the last line, "the kind of love we have is measured in miles" threw me off only because of my interpretation of love. In a sense, I feel that the last line was forced to fit the rhyme scheme between "smile" and "miles." I will not argue with interpretation since that could be your perception of the metaphorical measurement of love.

Overall, I found the letter to be sweet, and it reminds me of love letters in high school. It also gives the memory of how gullible we can be to sugary words. Despite that naivety, "Old Fashioned Letters" appears as sincere.

~Ayra Luccan

Posted 13 Years Ago


sweet. :) it made me think of someone so dear to me. i wish receiving a note from him whick is like this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lovely I think you have given me an idea to write about. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was seriously amazing! It was cute and romantic and I enjoyed reading it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

801 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on August 24, 2016

Author

oursong2
oursong2

wildwood, MO



About
i am 23 years old punctuation is not my strong suit but words hit me and i can not let them go so i put them down on paper more..

Writing
To Damn To Damn

A Poem by oursong2


Phones Phones

A Poem by oursong2



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..