Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Preeti
"

Chapter 3 of Semantic Blends: A Chain Novel

"

CHAPTER THREE

Written by Sweets (http://www.writerscafe.org/sarahamadeh)

Written for Semantic Blends: A Chain Novel Experiment


--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“STOP!” Gail Lewellin shouted with a high pitch.

Josh looked up to see who it was, and was surprised to see the girl who shared his first kiss changing. She lost a lot of weight, and he could see that clearly. She was wearing a red strapless dress with black high heels. Her soft brown hair brushing over her ivory shoulders. Her face was all covered with makeup. She looked fabulous, and that’s all he could think of.

Sargent Hawk walked back to her as he gave her a kiss. Josh stood frozen in his place waiting for someone to tell him that it’s not true, that Gail isn’t in love with a guy who actually wanted to kill him.

She whispered some stuff in his ear that Josh couldn’t hear. Josh only knew she wanted his safety.

“Alright. You can leave now because my fiancée says so, but I’ll keep an eye on you.”

“Okay. Thanks, Gail.” Josh smiled to her as he walked outside.

Josh shivered as a raindrop fell on his nose. It was so cold outside. Josh looked up to the thermometer and it was 34 degrees. He pulled out his hat and ran to the main street. It was crowded and too noisy. He stood on the side of the road waiting for a taxi to pass by. Gail caught his attention as she walked holding hands with that nasty guy. Josh stared at them until they got in the car. It was luxurious, and he could tell from its shape. It was a hummer H3. A car you can only see in your dreams.

            Josh, then, decided to go back to his house to pick up some pictures that reminded him of his family. I don’t think there’s anyone there since Sargent Hawk left, Josh thought. He was just curious to go and see the remaining memories. Josh walked to the devastated countryside. He could see a lot of “NO TRESPASSING” signs, but he just ignored them and kept on walking. He reached his neighbor’s house. It was half destroyed as if someone got a knife and cut it in half. A lot of memories came back to my mind as he remembered the pretty girl, Josephine, who lived in that house. Her room was half showing from upstairs. He decided to go and see if there’s any proof for him to find where she is right now. He walked upstairs as a small rock cracked from the ceiling. Josh, then, ran upstairs so the stairs won’t crash down. They were nearly standing. He reached her room as he fell the teenage-love. Her room was painted with pink. He remembered the time they were deciding what color best suites her bedroom. He walked in, and her closet was as good as new. He opened it and there was nothing inside, but a folded paper. He kneeled down to pick it up. He unfolded it as he read:

Dear Josh,

I know that you will once come and see this letter. I just wanted to tell you that I’ve always loved you. I’m sorry if I never said it when you lived nearby, but I decided to do so at the same day of the earthquake. I will leave now and go to Atlanta, Georgia. Please be careful over everything you do and every choice you make. I’m sure we will once meet and enjoy our time. I love you.

            His eyes were swimming in tears after he finished reading this letter. He folded it and put it in his pocket as he heard someone walking. He tried to comfort himself and kept on thinking that It’s no one, but the voice became clearer with every second. He walked slowly to hide in the closet, but he heard someone saying “Yo! Don’t move.” He obeyed and never looked at who was talking, but he was pretty sure that it wasn’t Sargent Hawk. He put his hand on Josh’s shoulder letting Josh turn and see him. His face was unfamiliar to Josh, and he was with two of his friends, Josh guessed.

“Join us or you’re dead.” He said in a cold voice.

“Who are you?” Josh asked

“You can call us The Smart People if you wish.”

Josh was completely confused. They didn’t even look smart.

“What do you guys do?” Josh asked.

“We give people what they need, drugs.” That word made Josh shiver as if something was slapping him.

Josh swallowed the lump that came up his throat. His only wish was to meet Josephine again.

“So, what do you say, young man. Life or death?” Asked the smart guy. 

 



© 2011 Preeti


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice, all three of them.
I'm really looking forward to my own turn.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Eh, it's a little too rushed. i think it needs a little more detail.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 19, 2011


Author

Preeti
Preeti

San Diego, CA



About
College undergraduate with an inconvenient tendency to drift into imaginary worlds. Half of what I think isn't original (as there is so little these days which truly is 100% original) and the other ha.. more..

Writing
Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Preeti


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Preeti


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Preeti