Pen

Pen

A Story by Zachary Esher
"

"Inspire Me"

"

Dear Pen,

Tender dreamer whose ear rests gently upon my pillow.
I am the soft voice that whispers sweet lullabies, as you drip through the cracks of splintered floorboards. Let us gain momentum. Let us play in the sandbox we’ve created. Exploring the castle constructed with the buckets from whence you arrived. Watch it come alive, as the drawbridge opens, and horses and armored knights pour out.  Fleeing from the flames of a dragon in pursuit.

My sweet child, I’ve built a universe for you. Just lift your head and you will see it.

A lush forest. A fawn pushing pine-cones with it’s nose as her mother sips dew from the leaves. From the North you feel the winds frigid sting against your cheek. There you witness the struggle of a man. He’s holding on to his best friends hand as he hangs from the edge of a snowy mountain peak.

Look up to the heavens, and gaze at the beauty of the aurora so close. If you reach out to it, you can stir it with your finger. Admire the shimmer of a million stars, and flick a few! Watch them shoot off as each wish you’ve ever made comes true.


Your’s Always ,



Paper

© 2014 Zachary Esher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the last line. Very nicely penned! :)
-QuanaWana

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zachary Esher

10 Years Ago

Thank You :)
Pena nd paper belong together. THey can create a billion universes/

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 3, 2014
Last Updated on April 3, 2014
Tags: Inspire, Dream, Romance

Author

Zachary Esher
Zachary Esher

Stroudsburg , PA



About
Random writer noob Poorly read (seriously I don't read) I have a beard. more..

Writing