You're My Best Friend

You're My Best Friend

A Story by PaperPlates
"

Evaluating my best friend and how outstanding she is.

"
I feel like I don't know you anymore.  I don't know your favorite food.  I don't know your favorite animal.  I don't know your favorite book.  I don't know your favorite movie.
I don't know why you consider me your friend, after all I've put you through.  I'm so insensitive to how you are feeling.  I put myself and my feelings first, and don't consider how you think or feel.
We haven't seen these people in a week, and probably won't see them for a year.  And all I can think of is how you're across the room, and not next to me.  I know that you're not responsible for me.  I can make my own conversations and friends.  I'm not going to die by not talking to you for three hours.
Being around you is an addiction.  You're just the nicest, sweetest, comforting, understanding person in the world, and I hate you for that.  You're just too perfect.  I know that there's no such thing as a perfect person, but you are pretty damn close.  You get along with everyone even if you have a problem with them.  You don't burden others with your problems and yet listen to anyone who comes to you for help.
I wish I could be half as understanding as you.  You learn from your mistakes and try not to let on that anything is bothering you.  Seeing all of these amazing qualities in you makes me realize how selfish, sensitive, and overall crappy I am.
I know you don't see yourself this way, but you really are the best person in the world, and I'm lucky to have you as a friend.

© 2012 PaperPlates


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012
Tags: best friend, friendship, selfishness, understanding, feelings

Author

PaperPlates
PaperPlates

MD



About
I don't write much, but I would like to get into it and develop my writing more. And I don't usually express myself so maybe this will turn up bad, but hopefully not. This may turn out to be me ve.. more..

Writing
What if? What if?

A Story by PaperPlates


Loneliness Loneliness

A Story by PaperPlates