Ice melted

Ice melted

A Story by Anna
"

Life from street-dog view

"

Ice melted.


I am feeling sick. All day, probably, since I woke. All my injuries and even scars hurts. Winter is close, but after this surviving days, my wool stopped to grow. Some parts of my body absolutely naked. But now, I am really about to find food.


I know places where there is a bunch of it, but better than that, I know how much of other dogs are there. They will not give me any chance to even smell food. I can not wonder about touching it. In my today-situation, only thing I can do - go to the sleeping quarters. I am afraid of humans, but not as I am afraid of creatures like me. And now, I think  'Am I afraid of myself?' It sounds crazy, but maybe they are just reflections of myself: always hungry, always angry, always sick, always… surviving?


I am walking slowly for a couple of reasons. First, I do not like to take someone’s attention, second - I have no energy. I am walking for, I suppose, 20 minutes. No food yet.


When I get to buildings I could smell a good food. I think it was supper time or something. I can not be sure at all. And now I can see something I was looking for - garbage cans. I get to thefirst one. I still do not want to get attention and slowly movement get it to the grass horizontally. Cap fell off and I can smell chicken bones. Looks like JackPot. I bit a bag and found many of bones.


I have small amount of time. I try to eat as much as I can, as fast as I can. It was delicious.     

Suddenly, I started remembering. My small blanket near the wroom-wroom thing. My plate. I always had something to eat. Yes, It was times when I lived in real house with more than just real people. And I never had any idea of homeless life.


By the way, it is, probably, time to go. I had so much energy, but sickness and bad experience said “ you do not have to waste it too fast”.

I get to my park. I live under the small bridge. People are getting there with their significant others and hugging, kissing.


It makes bridge warm.


Suddenly, I see a girl. She is the one of the human adults. Tall. And in her eyes I can see so much emotions. At first they were full of negativity, of ice. But in a moment ice melted. And now I can see her as a small girl. And she tries to see me as her small white dog. But I’m too old and dirty. And she is too tall and tired to be that little girl.


In one moment I turn back and ran to other side. When she can not see me, I stopped and found another way to the bridge. Laid down. And fell asleep. I do not know what will be tomorrow. But I do know that all I will have to do, like today, like yesterday, like months ago - to survive. Wish me luck.

© 2016 Anna


Author's Note

Anna
If it is any grammar problems - you are more then welcome to tell about it in com., English not my native language and I do my best to write as grammar-correctly as I can.
And, again, I am just learning, any critic - more then welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is well written, I found it to be very good. The emotions that you have revealed are just what an animal might be thinking as it looks for its food. In the beginning I did not realize, that you were writing this from an animal point of view. Until a few more sentences down the story. Your story is very well crafted. I hope you continue you on in this endeavour never give up on the stories. You have begun. Keep on crafting it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna

8 Years Ago

Thank you)



Reviews

It is well written, I found it to be very good. The emotions that you have revealed are just what an animal might be thinking as it looks for its food. In the beginning I did not realize, that you were writing this from an animal point of view. Until a few more sentences down the story. Your story is very well crafted. I hope you continue you on in this endeavour never give up on the stories. You have begun. Keep on crafting it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna

8 Years Ago

Thank you)
Hello, I would like to start with saying that the story is wonderful and so beautiful! It is really good! I won't be correcting the grammar but more of the words you use. I think that in the beginning you could make it a bit more urgent by using words like finally or something like that. It would set the mood really well. You could also use 2 letter sentences like when you write looks like JackPot you should really just write Jackpot. Gives more meaning and relief for the dog.
Can't wait to read more of your writing! ( :

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna

8 Years Ago

Thank you, for this wonderful advises. I will try to follow this in the next works.
Alina

8 Years Ago

Glad to help!
Greetings to you! I will start by pointing something:
Second paragraph first phrase: "but better of that" should be "but better than that" and not "another dogs", dogs is plural, and "another" means one more; so it should be other dogs. Same paragraph, "And know I think", did you mean "now" as if this moment?
Third paragraph, it should be for "a" couple of reasons
Fourth paragraph, fourth phrase I get to "the" first one. The article is needed here.
Sixth paragraph, did you mean " I started remembering" because memorize is doing it now while the rest of the paragraph implies the past.
Ninth paragraph, "At first they were full of negative" it should be full of negativity because "negative" is an adverb, and negativity is the noun.

All that aside, it is interesting to read from the perspective of a poor animal wandering around. It was very sad, but the imagery was overall good. Keep writing!
If I didn't explain it well, then please tell, and I shall try my best to do it better.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna

8 Years Ago

Thanks for your time! It is very helpfull.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2016
Last Updated on January 28, 2016
Tags: dog, nature, street, adult, life

Author

Anna
Anna

Searcy, AR



About
Writer. Artist. Ukrainian. Exchange student in USA. My writings can look crazy. But I am always open for critics. more..

Writing
Backyard Backyard

A Chapter by Anna


Do not mess up. Do not mess up.

A Book by Anna


After "backyard" After "backyard"

A Chapter by Anna