Friend?

Friend?

A Poem by We are young.
"

I don't want critism on this, because its a true story, and I was unhappy when I wrote this.

"

I have sat here all alone for mounths.

Praying to god you would come back or at least talk to me once.
I walk along the sidewalk I see your house, and I shake my head.
Our friendship has been dead.
I know you have said you have not forgotten.
But then why are you gone.
It has been so long since I have seen you.
You left me to my screwed up life.
How can I forgive you?
You come back once every three years, and exspect me to so happy, and filled with cheer.
The truth is I have been cying torrents of tears, because I have to start a new, and try to forget you.
When I see you all you do is complain about your life, and how much you hate visiting here.
I pretend to care, but I want to scream, and asked why I wasted my childhood with you.
The worst thing is, is that you dont care,and you dont asky why.
I know you've seen me cry. I wondered when you would care.
You might have left me to deal with highschool alone, with no friends or a call from you.
But I still cant help, but to say I have no regrets with spending time with you.
I have been forgotten I know this to well. So until we meet again I will always be your friend

© 2009 We are young.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Heartfelt piece...it is a shame that some of our best relationships go by the wayside with neglect. You have done a splendid job getting emotions across in this poem. Kudos

Posted 15 Years Ago


There's so much emotion in your words... You really know how to express yourself. It hurts to read what you write because we can feel your pain through the canvas of words. Friendship IS a fragile, delicate thing, isn't it? (sigh)

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is so sad, but so wonderfully written and powerful, I think so far this is one of your best peices :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


You poured your heart out in this piece. Thanks for sharing.

Author: Nancy Lee Shrader

Posted 15 Years Ago


I understand this; I would get very attached to my friends when I was younger (the few that I had) and because they were human would always fail me and I would end up devastated. I think it taught me to be too cautious and I am very untrusting of new people and need lots of time to pass before I open up to them. I feel lucky to have my husband who when all others fail me, still is my friend. I think your friend will always regret having lost you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your words are so moving, so deeply inspired by pain and loss of friendship. You wrote this so vividly, so powerfully...

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your writing is so honest and emotion filled. Sometimes we out grow people in our lives but time can change situations. It's good you are having hope. Separation can bring people back together later with new lessons learned and more to talk about. I like your poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


wonderful and holds the reader's attention perfectly...
very sad, however, when someone fails to recognize your needs
or only at their convenience.
really enjoyed this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is extremely sad, when care for and about someone and they don't respond the way you think they should. Nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2009

Author

We are young.
We are young.

Peace Love Unity Respect, WA



About
I'm not going to same I'm not average, Because I am. I dance in the rain and make sick jokes. I'm not a person who speaks out or who states her opinion. I can be the calmest person when i want to, or .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..