Dancing With The Fleas

Dancing With The Fleas

A Story by pdm
"

a dance contest

"
Dancing With The Fleas


"Welcome to tonight's show. We have a line up that will keep 'em scratching all night long. First up is our professional dancer Fleece and his partner June. They will do the Foxtrot."

Fleas all across Flea Land gather to watch the action. The fox runs around in circles as the fleas dance. When the dance is done the judges throw in their two cents. Once the sound of the coins is over, Judge Judy says, "The dancing was so bad, they should be locked up. They were supposed to dance on the double. That dance barely reached the single much less the double. I give them a score of four."

"Are you blind?" Judge Joe cries, then he tosses Judge Judy a pair of glasses. "They hit every move on the dot. Their dance was the peak of perfection. I give them a score of ten."

"You've both lost your marbles." Judge Harriet sighs and throws a bag of marbles to each judge. "That dance was not 'bad,' and it was not 'great.' It wasn't even a dance. The fox did all the work. The dancers were just trying to keep from falling off. I give the Fox a score of ten and the dancers a minus ten."

The fleas in the audience began to hop like mad as they took sides.

"Judy is right!"

"Joe is right!'

"Harriet is right!"

All the 'rights' turned wrong when the fleas began to riot.

The fox trotted for the door with a sly smile. All of Flea Land would be rioting all night long. He gripped the small bags of marbles between his teeth. Fleas say the craziest stuff when they lose their marbles.

Copyright Paul Marques 2013

© 2013 pdm


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on July 23, 2013
Last Updated on July 23, 2013

Author

pdm
pdm

Laurel, MD



Writing
Graduation Day Graduation Day

A Poem by pdm


Frank Frank

A Story by pdm