Anxiety Attacks

Anxiety Attacks

A Story by pearlescent
"

Something I wrote while going through anxiety. No idea what this goes under.

"

You know when you have an attack. When you do, your eyes stumble at the lashes. The room isn't spinning; you are the one going in circles. Upon trying to stand up, your feet act like they've never taken a step in their lives. Balancing yourself isn't an option and running won't work no matter how hard you try. 

That's all you want to do. Run. You can't, though. Your legs know and every muscle, organ, cell in your body can tell; except for your brain. Your brain sends the same shock down the same path to the same nerves over and over. It won't work. That urge is just driving you crazy, only making it worse. You are making it worse. You can't help it, really. You know that, because everyone tells you it's all in your head. It might be, but that doesn't make it any less real. 
 

© 2012 pearlescent


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great story of stress and its effects. Oh how I have been there. It is at those times that being curled up under the covers is a really really good thing.

I didn't notice anything needing correction. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 22, 2012
Last Updated on June 22, 2012
Tags: anxiety attack, anxiety, anger, emotions, life

Author

pearlescent
pearlescent

Raleigh, NC



About
I write sometimes. I would wish to make it into a career but I'm just some idealist. more..

Writing