Among with the Mongs

Among with the Mongs

A Story by notekeeper22

In the southern part of China, where the sun shines the brightest all year, a tribe so distinct lived by the name Mongs. Their culture was rich and they lived amongst with nature, peaceful and surreal. The tribe was ruled by a bold man called Chief Nyaj.  He was a man of honor and on top of his priorities was the welfare of his people. Chief Nyaj, however, was forbidden to do but one thing --- he could not marry a woman from another tribe. This had never been a problem for the chief until one day... 


It was a warm night at the eleventh cycle of the year; Chief Nyaj was having his casual walk when he heard a discreet sound coming from the forest. Curiosity took over him and the thought that someone might be in need had him rush to find the voice. At a fast pace, Chief Nyaj reached the source of the sound and found a young woman lying on the ground. The chief looked at the woman and noticed that her arms and legs were wounded.

 

The chief lifted the woman’s head and asked, “Leejmuam, ua le caag rua koj lawm os?” (Miss, what happened to you?)

 

"도와주세..." (Please help me..)  the woman uttered faintly and lost consciousness

 

The chief recognized the tongue. The people from the north… But the words were vague to understand. He carried the woman back to his tribe and asked the servants to help her. The next day the chief visited the woman.

 

“Koj lub npe hu lecaag?” the chief asked. (What is your name?)

 

“Soohyun. Ua tsaug.” said the young woman. (Thank you)

 

The chief was amazed that the woman could speak his language too. He asked her to tell what happened. As the chief was listening, there was a sudden pinch in his heart that he could not explain looking at this woman he barely knew...

 

© 2018 notekeeper22


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on March 7, 2018
Last Updated on December 17, 2018