Demure Affection

Demure Affection

A Story by Lexi

The clock read 1:00 AM when he called her. He asked, pleaded, for her permission to sneak out and see her. To park his car on the beaten path near her home, sneak her out of her home and into his car. Desperate for conversation, for the presence of someone besides his conscience. 
“I need to see you,” he needfully whispered. His voice was full of longing, pure desire. All he wanted was her. 
“I want to be with you, but you’re so far. Didn’t it take over half an hour last time? You won’t be here until at least 2 and…”
“I’ll drive as fast as I can. I can be there in twenty minutes, tops. I need you.” His pleads were weaker now, sounding more like a child’s innocent inclination rather than a grown man’s request.
“I can’t get out of the house, my parents will surely hear-“
“I can get you out. I promise. I swear. Just, please let me.” 
Whispers. It all died down to a whisper, died down to a miserable silence. 
“What are you so afraid of?”
More silence. Painful, hopeless, tender silence. Silence that can only be shared by people too shy to admit their love. Demure affection.
“The power you have over me.”
Terrified, culpable, smitten. She hangs up, regretting her inadequate remarks. Fell into a contrite sleep within minutes.                
And he stared at the unchanging screen until the sun came up. Confused, inconsolable, isolated.

© 2012 Lexi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are an incredible writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2012
Last Updated on August 8, 2012

Author

Lexi
Lexi

NY



About
I like writing, sometimes. more..

Writing
Never Perfect Never Perfect

A Poem by Lexi


Distance Distance

A Story by Lexi


March 8th March 8th

A Poem by Lexi