This i believe

This i believe

A Story by Leonie
"

This is a story about how you'll never loose your best fiends and that you should always trust and believe them.

"

This I Believe

 

 

I believe that you will never loose your best friend, even if 5000 miles separate you. I was scared to death; I didn’t know what to do. When I first heard about it, I didn’t say anything. It was in late August and we were sitting outside, the sun was shining as bright as ever, and everything was perfect. Suddenly, that one statement shook up my entire world. “We are moving” that by itself was nothing special I had moved before within a couple miles. I asked where we were moving, and the answer shocked me. “We’re moving to America”.  I couldn’t respond, I asked again and again, but the answer was wrong everytime. I thought I would loose my friends and everything I had. As I said bye to all my friends, I constantly feared never seeing them again. The long drive to the airport was hard. It wasn’t a good day to leave, the sky was clear and I heard birds chirping. When we arrived at the airport, we said bye and tears started rolling down my face. I was sad, it was like my life had just ended right there. I was ten years old. The flight was dreadfully long, below; you could see nothing but the clouds, peacefully drifting away, just like I was from my friends. As I began to see fields below, dried fields to be exact I got scared. Would it look just as bad from down below? I remember the first thing I said when I got off the plane. “Man, its hot here” although it was just January it felt hot to me compared to the temperatures I was used to.

            We started to adjust to everything, the people, the house and even the patriotism. It was strange to me; I wasn’t used to any of it. We lived here like we were at home, my brother and me went to school and my dad went to work. Then, after what seemed like forever it was summer. I was afraid and excited at the same time, what if my friends were not my friends anymore? What if they had moved on, or don’t know me anymore? When the plane landed I couldn’t wait to get off. We went through security and checked out our luggage and walked out of the check-out area and right into our friends’ arms. They were all standing there happy to see us. Suddenly the fear was gone and I was happy. In those four weeks I began to believe more and more that you will never loose your best friend even when 5000 are miles separating you. Now, every year we go back to Germany, I get excited to see all my friends again and it feels like no time has gone by since I left. Every time we have to leave again I cry. I don’t know where my real home is anymore, but I do know that I will never loose my best friends.

© 2009 Leonie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on November 24, 2009

Author

Leonie
Leonie

Columbia, SC



About
Im a girl, i'm 13 years old and i read alot of books. So i decided that wrting my own stories would be just the right thing for me. I enjoy fiction stories, but i also write in a journal which has son.. more..

Writing
the big move the big move

A Story by Leonie