My Person

My Person

A Story by pia
"

i tend to go through extreme emotional cycles (everyone does).

"

 

Who am I? I struggle to go forth with this question for the sole reason that; I do not know who I am. I keep erasing sentences as i move forward. The struggle to form the image of my ‘person’ leaves me unhinged in a world of perfect and imperfect perceptions I have of myself. Am I the person I believe I am? Or am I what others think of me? Unable to cope with expectations and requirements from the world, my ‘person’ breaks away from me. It has a mind of its own now.  A mind stronger than mine, it takes over my emotions. It takes over every bit of me. I’m but a puppet working on what it wants. However, it doesn’t know what it wants....it changes every day. It changes when I meet people. It changes when I’m alone.  

 

My ‘person’ reshapes its consistency as I surround myself with others. It lets me laugh, joke, speak my mind. It lets me be an extrovert; gaining everyone’s attention by being the feather-brained ‘person’ I tend to be. I love being the centre and making the world revolve around me. It’s pretentious but, it’s my ‘person’.  Suddenly, the centre collapses into a dark meaningless pit of shattered morale. I crawl back into the box I conceal my ‘person’ in. The ‘person’ too scared to show itself, fearful of self- doubt and rejection. The ‘person’ needs some time to regain motivation.  I’ll wait while it restores its courage and emerges back. This time different again. 

© 2017 pia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
N.
I love this piece because it pull back the curtain and we get to see what you are going through while trying to figure out who you are. Which to be honest, I think we all thought at sometime or another in our lives. It is a very vulnerable piece which to me was very courageous of you to put it out there. Thank you for sharing a piece of you with the world. N.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your analysis on it !!!
N.

6 Years Ago

No. Thank you for writing something so raw and real.



Reviews

This is really good writing. I like everything about it. The level of intrigue is off the charts. We play so many roles in this film called life. Changing spots one moment to the next in the blink of an eye. The highs and lows can be devastating at times. Thank you for sharing because this was dope. Nice work

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thanksss glad u liked it
duff

6 Years Ago

You're welcome and I most definitely did
Wow, wow, WOW!
My exact thoughts!
Iv been confused with this question for far too long now..

I really enjoyed this writing, well done :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Many people will relate it to themselves..even i do..
Brilliant, a very good job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Glad you liked it
Very realistic and raw thoughts here that I think many, including myself, can really relate to. The soul searching for one's self, what we really are deep down - WHO we really are. sometimes we don't even know ourselves.
I like the ending of this, because it brings me a sense of hope.
This is a great piece, and I really like it

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Im glad you liked !!
People....We are all very complex aren't we. One day we can be as happy as can be. The next we can be the complete opposite and not even we know why. Some people hide behind a mask to the outside world, whilst behind closed doors; they take off that mask and become who they really are. You've definately penned a piece which is most certainly thought provoking and at the same time it is so true for many. Its almost as if some people put a fictional character on show for the outside world to see - like a caraciture of themselves of who'd they really want to be. But when when those doors close behind them, they are anything but.

Very good piece.

Mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much mark!!
I love this piece because you capture exactly the storm of emotions when your trying to figure out who you are. Darling.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very touching and poignant. We all have our public and private faces- and a hundred different facets of personality in between. So we are like precious gems constantly being polished. You describe a beautiful and vulnerable person who is trying to integrate all the facets. I applaud you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

thankkkss!!
The second paragraph is definitely the stronger and it feel like it has better purpose. Our personas are a blend or who we think we are and who others perceive us to be.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"Suddenly, the centre collapses into a dark meaningless pit of shattered morale." I like the imagery of this one. Putting your ego into a person is a good write. You justified putting it out of yourself and you did put a distinctive line. Well done. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a deep write. What you convey here is a conflict of personality we, so many of us, encounter every now and then. I would say it's the adaptability of being a certain way around people and act according to them. Or being flexible. But yes, conflict comes with it..
You've raised quite good questions on that.

Thought provoking indeed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1638 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 28, 2017
Last Updated on April 28, 2017

Author

pia
pia

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by pia


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by pia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The 'Lehenga' The 'Lehenga'

A Story by pia


CRAZY POET CRAZY POET

A Story by CAPOLAVORO