A Colour Of Hope

A Colour Of Hope

A Story by pia
"

there is always hope

"

   The sun’s gentle rays touched my skin as I stepped onto the edge. My eyes remained fixed on the horizon that slowly started to merge with those crimson rays, creating a force which softly pulled me closer to the drop. The sky danced to the changing rhythms of glittering evening colours. It swirled along to the blue and yellow like a seraphic canvas.


   As I inched further to the edge of the cliff, I caught a glimpse of God’s painting. A breathless view, content in its own soul while I watched it from above. It had a heart that never stopped beating, and breathed life into all that surrounded it.  I watched the sea flirt with the sand, pulling each helpless grain into its vastness. The sea, once an empty pit, now found tranquility in the waters that completed it. And now, I stood here, on the cliff, looking for something to the fills the gaps placed in my heart. To find an inspiration, perhaps, that would draw back the life that once abandoned me. I was back on my feet. I looked down into the eyes of these clear waters. And then, it was all clear to me. The sky, the land and the sea, all whispered into my ear, and told me to let go. My heart detached itself from my brain and welcomed its new found freedom back. It told me to stop thinking. I shut my eyes and counted to three, and then I jumped.


   I jumped into the endless possibilities and an unfamiliar beginning. I didn’t know what the future held for me after this, but I did know that I left the person I once was behind on that cliff. Was I to live or die, I didn’t care. As long as I was not the person I left behind. I left my problems, my troubles and myself.


   Between the sky, the land and the sea, I fell. The wind caressed its breezy fingers through my hair while guiding my free falling body. For the first time in years, I was at peace. All my insecurities were abandoned, and all my regrets were forgotten. I was a new person emerging, as the wind helped to shed my old skin. I plunged directly into the water and rose back up, floating around, free from the weight of everything. I lived to remember the experience; the experience of thoughtlessness. And this thoughtlessness that gave me a chance to liberate myself, and fling myself into the open; to become a part of God’s painting. And when I looked up into the sky, it had changed its colour into a hopeful green. 

© 2017 pia


Author's Note

pia
in Eastern cultures the colour green symbolizes : hope, rebirth and new beginnings.
and personally it is one of my favourite colours

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great story Pia. How many people have had that calling at the last minute. Lives broken and gone, seemingly with no hope, but to end it all. But then, that sign. Maybe a voice, strong thought. Who knows. But hope it gives. People change and prosper, and reflect.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for such a wonderful review Paul !!



Reviews

How sad and tragic. One could say you missed the very end of life with the pleasure of living! Never mind. I enjoyed the read. Thank you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Where sucide jumpers, jump. Your story sould be placed so they would stop, look, see it, read it, and take on board and live!

Posted 5 Years Ago


I've said it before on one of your writings but I'll say it again. I absolutely love the way you write. I don't really have anything negative to say about the way you write. Each word is magical and I hope I'll become a great writer like yourself :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


pia

5 Years Ago

you all are great
thank you for such lovely reviews
I jumped into the endless possibilities and an unfamiliar beginning.

I love this line. This is a great story. A story that truly inspires. Many people say that about work now a days, but I feels it's used to recklessly, but that's not true in this case. A TRULY inspirational piece. Great job.

-Richard

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

5 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words
' I watched the sea flirt with the sand, pulling each helpless grain into its vastness. '

That phrase alone is an epic journey, pia. What an incredible piece of heart-felt writing, a spiritual helter-skelter of sight and feeling, of colours and shadows! For me your jump into vastness is a baptism, a change of direction, a need for the pure and beautiful. One learns so much from looking.. and looking.. until time comes and you're part of the masterpiece. Your mind must be such a beautiful place!!
(Not only do i love the colour green, it's my surname! ) xx

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review !!!
Feels like breathing a fresh air for the first time in a while as I read this. This alone gives me the positivity that we all need to go on with life. Hope often comes to us just when we are about to give it all up. Sometimes it's the only thing that remains to us and the only thing that we actually need.

The color green is also my personal favorite. I always thought it's a refreshing color, and now you just give me a new reason to love it more.. :)

Anyway, very good writing. I love it. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for such a wonderful review
Beautifully written. And I don't say that very often. The way you used description was admirable.

The things we do to change who we are. Leaving everything to chance on a big risk. I guess even if the risk is a folly, and you hit the bottom, you are providing more paint for the next artist. Although, you have so much of it spilling out of you, already.

The whisper of a thrill can shout echos reverberating through your soul, and once again the winds fingers will grace your hair. Enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Your analysis and review appreciated and lovely !!
I enjoyed this journey of hope that fell from the edge
to find the center of meaning. I was afraid for a brief moment that it might not end well until I was buoyed up by the freedom of experience. May all our journeys be so that we may find faith in every moment of surrender.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

everyone's afraid of new beginnings and changes
its when they experience it they have a whol.. read more
Great description Pia. Taken literally it appears to be a story of desperation and suicide but I thinks perhaps a metaphor for someone taking the plunge into a new life. There is a strong religious feel about this and I suppose the chance of a new beginning is central to all religions.
Well done.
Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

They say that the birth of the reader is thr death of an author
I made this story very open .. read more
alanwgraham

6 Years Ago

That is a very profound thought
Alan
Wow. It was really an amazing read!
Really loved it. The words you use and expressions you add are really worth reading. Especially some lines really touched my heart. Like,
"I watched the sea flirt with the sand"
Never thought it could be written that way. Still learning. :)
And did I tell you, green is my fav. color too?? *giggles*

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Omg same its my favourite too !!
Im so glad you liked thisss
Youll learn a lot of way.. read more
Ghania

6 Years Ago

Ha ha. My friends say that I am so obsessed with the color.
Yep. I have learned many things .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2142 Views
44 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 7, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017

Author

pia
pia

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by pia


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by pia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Am Blind... Am Blind...

A Poem by Surya