A Colour Of Hope

A Colour Of Hope

A Story by pia
"

there is always hope

"

   The sun’s gentle rays touched my skin as I stepped onto the edge. My eyes remained fixed on the horizon that slowly started to merge with those crimson rays, creating a force which softly pulled me closer to the drop. The sky danced to the changing rhythms of glittering evening colours. It swirled along to the blue and yellow like a seraphic canvas.


   As I inched further to the edge of the cliff, I caught a glimpse of God’s painting. A breathless view, content in its own soul while I watched it from above. It had a heart that never stopped beating, and breathed life into all that surrounded it.  I watched the sea flirt with the sand, pulling each helpless grain into its vastness. The sea, once an empty pit, now found tranquility in the waters that completed it. And now, I stood here, on the cliff, looking for something to the fills the gaps placed in my heart. To find an inspiration, perhaps, that would draw back the life that once abandoned me. I was back on my feet. I looked down into the eyes of these clear waters. And then, it was all clear to me. The sky, the land and the sea, all whispered into my ear, and told me to let go. My heart detached itself from my brain and welcomed its new found freedom back. It told me to stop thinking. I shut my eyes and counted to three, and then I jumped.


   I jumped into the endless possibilities and an unfamiliar beginning. I didn’t know what the future held for me after this, but I did know that I left the person I once was behind on that cliff. Was I to live or die, I didn’t care. As long as I was not the person I left behind. I left my problems, my troubles and myself.


   Between the sky, the land and the sea, I fell. The wind caressed its breezy fingers through my hair while guiding my free falling body. For the first time in years, I was at peace. All my insecurities were abandoned, and all my regrets were forgotten. I was a new person emerging, as the wind helped to shed my old skin. I plunged directly into the water and rose back up, floating around, free from the weight of everything. I lived to remember the experience; the experience of thoughtlessness. And this thoughtlessness that gave me a chance to liberate myself, and fling myself into the open; to become a part of God’s painting. And when I looked up into the sky, it had changed its colour into a hopeful green. 

© 2017 pia


Author's Note

pia
in Eastern cultures the colour green symbolizes : hope, rebirth and new beginnings.
and personally it is one of my favourite colours

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great story Pia. How many people have had that calling at the last minute. Lives broken and gone, seemingly with no hope, but to end it all. But then, that sign. Maybe a voice, strong thought. Who knows. But hope it gives. People change and prosper, and reflect.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for such a wonderful review Paul !!



Reviews

A great read! I loved the images this provoked! Wonderfully written

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

thank you so much kesha !!
Kesha

6 Years Ago

You're welcome!
Great story Pia. How many people have had that calling at the last minute. Lives broken and gone, seemingly with no hope, but to end it all. But then, that sign. Maybe a voice, strong thought. Who knows. But hope it gives. People change and prosper, and reflect.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for such a wonderful review Paul !!
I enjoyed the way you separated the experience for the reader into fragmentary spaces existing around the narrator, only occasionally drawing us back in with the sudden emergence of such terms as the stoic,
'on that cliff'
which returns the narrative to an immediate, present-tense emergency, in the here and now, as an emergent, urgently dramatic emphasis to effect the reader with immediate concern in regard to implied, perceived threat, of what becomes, (described here, as a longer than, usually spaced and timed part of that inevitable fall), series of beginnings of a conscious mind, in free form, with a soft landing.
That cushion, woven into, with all of the importance of what you have, so eloquently put into that last stanza, (repeated in full by Coyote in his review), that describes the experience of the actual, urgent necessity of the continual renewal of understanding in the continuing effort of our selves to exist.
I read this work as though poetry.
The green sky fitted perfectly.
Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Brett Hernan

6 Years Ago

As far as connecting to the emotional center of another, the heart, which is where the soul resides,.. read more
pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you Brett. I think you have given me a new found reason to write stuff like this ; to help oth.. read more
Brett Hernan

6 Years Ago

Thank you, pia.

Yes, do keep going. The world needs more of this type of thing.
read more
oh thts good if you love green...and the story is wonderful..keep working on ur writes dear.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you !!
Absolutely stunning pia :) Not only the colours and the canvas of infinite beauty but the heartfelt warmth expressed within this whole piece, just gorgeous :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

thank you poppy !!
This is so beautifully written, such descriptive language and vibrant imagery. A real joy to read!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

thank you so much !!
Hmm...I had easy-listening guitar/piano beats playing when I read this... So double whammy, I think... Serene and slightly wistful are two(three?) words that come to mind... Gorgeous detail to enviroment, way to really capture my attention before moving on with each description... Stunning allure is held in being able to lose our old selves... You captured this perfectly, and I held my breath as she fell... Smoothly penned...

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

well im glad you enjoyed it !!
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Difficult to yank myself from poetry, but yes... I did
The very last paragraph...I could see that happening in front of my eyes. The shedding of the skin, and a new you emerging...beautifully written. Keep inspiring!

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much !!
Zoya

6 Years Ago

No worries

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2139 Views
44 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 7, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017

Author

pia
pia

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by pia


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by pia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Am Blind... Am Blind...

A Poem by Surya