Climbing The Ladder To Chaos

Climbing The Ladder To Chaos

A Story by pia

   On the 28th of June, 1914, the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire, was a turning point in World history, as it lead to many years of inimical events, and repercussions we still face today.


   The assassination sparked riots and civil fights, and eventually igniting the fire for World War I. It was the first time, tanks, flame throwers and other modern weapons were used. The First World War united countries against countries; man, woman and child worked for the betterment of their nation. The war, however, did lead to over sixteen million casualties, along with the destruction of livestock, food and property. It created a storm of PTSD in civilians who lived to experience this devastation. Despite being known as the ‘War to end all Wars’, the very occurrence of WWI constructed a tremulous path towards prodigious World problems. The ‘Treaty of Versailles’ was one step up towards the problem.


   As the ‘Treaty of Versailles’ was released in Paris, 1919, it called for measures to be imposed on Germany. While many saw this as justice, Germany saw it as an unfair deal that they were tricked into signing. This very resentment in their hearts was to be manipulated and used by the Austrian born dictator, Adolf Hitler, who brought about the advent of racism, hate and mass violence. Another world war became inevitable on the night known as ‘Kristallnacht’; the night of broken glass. World War II was the rise of Nazism, an ideology that influenced many and victimized millions. The war resulted in over fifty million causalities and the destruction of major land marks and sites.


   The world witnessed two great wars, and many in between. It saw the fall of large empires, such as the Russians (1917), and the rise of many more. The world also saw ideologies spread like fire; Nazism and Fascism. While many learned from their mistakes, there were many who chose to further strengthen these archaic ideologies into the modern civilization.


   The rise of Neo-Nazism in today’s time has caused a divide between the people. Some fight for supremacy and control, others fight for equality and peace. Leaders, much influenced by Hitler’s dictatorship, abuse their powers and the sentiments of the public to climb the ladder to chaos. They feed off the neglected and breathe in the misery of the oppressed. Its inherent, that one individual is the sole cause for much larger effects. It takes one to bring about a domino effect, and one to influence many. Those with a stronger platform, can either guide the ones listening towards positivity, or guide the listeners to disaster. While we pray the World should never witness another tragic war, some leaders have already shepherded the listeners higher on the ladder to destruction.   

© 2017 pia


Author's Note

pia
here I refer to the acts of racism and violence in America under their leaders
acts of violence from both sides in Syria and other Middle Eastern countries, and the never ending and endless animosity between Pakistan and India.
There is no time for hate and pettiness. The world is walking towards its own doom if we continue to fight and destroy each other over skin colour, race and religion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Our soldiers dying and Pakistani militants jeering is no 'pointless animosity' from India. Everyday the newspapers and the newschannels pay tribute to soldiers being killed at the border from shell fire. It's heartbreaking to see children of my age crying over their parents' dead bodies who were killed just because of this pointless animosity.
India has tried time again to be on peaceful terms with Pakistan but this pointless animosity is only from one side. Given a chance to house a Pakistani in my house, I would. But I don't know many pakistanis who would even offer a glass of water to an Indian. It's not that every Pakistani is hostile towards Indians but I strongly feel that Pakistanis should not forget that they all were once hindustanis.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

i know you don't. i appreciate your analysis and i totally respect your opinions. You are right. he .. read more
KeeD

6 Years Ago

There is hostility and ignorance on both sides. When it comes to land and power, no nation will agre.. read more
pia

6 Years Ago

True words ^



Reviews

Our soldiers dying and Pakistani militants jeering is no 'pointless animosity' from India. Everyday the newspapers and the newschannels pay tribute to soldiers being killed at the border from shell fire. It's heartbreaking to see children of my age crying over their parents' dead bodies who were killed just because of this pointless animosity.
India has tried time again to be on peaceful terms with Pakistan but this pointless animosity is only from one side. Given a chance to house a Pakistani in my house, I would. But I don't know many pakistanis who would even offer a glass of water to an Indian. It's not that every Pakistani is hostile towards Indians but I strongly feel that Pakistanis should not forget that they all were once hindustanis.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

i know you don't. i appreciate your analysis and i totally respect your opinions. You are right. he .. read more
KeeD

6 Years Ago

There is hostility and ignorance on both sides. When it comes to land and power, no nation will agre.. read more
pia

6 Years Ago

True words ^
School essay? :P ... hehe kidding

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Writer's cafe essay
It really is frightening what the human race is capable of, and how little we seem to learn from our past. These terrible things from our history that we all know could very well be repeated. We are creatures of habit, after all . . .

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading !!
I must disagree with Doodley, that this is NOT purely an opinion piece. I feel you did a great job of lining up relevant past events, described in a way that might show us where our current path could be taking us, but you leave this whole connection open-ended in a way, so that the reader can take from it what the reader wants to. I very much agree that the path we're on is frighteningly familiar . . . 60% of the people in the US do NOT agree with this stupid bullying rhetoric coming from our government!!!!! It makes me sick & pissed off!!!! And we must daily remember to be the solution we want to see . . . that is, peacefully interacting (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

I'm so glad you enjoyed this !!! Always love your reviews
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A strongly written piece, perhaps more an essay of opinion than a story, though i guess cafe gives you limited topic choices!

One thing we can all count on as certainty in our lives is that the mistakes of the past are usually repeated again. We never really do learn the lessons from the mistakes of our past and hence we, led by the ineptitude of self serving politicians, are doomed to repeat the cycle.

There will always be wars; has been and will be. Hopefully sane minds can avert any such disasters in our lifetimes as the world tilts dangerously on its fragile axis.

A very interesting write, Pia. Strong opinions and emotions expressed within. Well Done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Writers cafe doesn't really have an option for this kind of writing lol
Thank you for leaving.. read more
Well put, Pia.
The world is probably at its worse in a long long time.
Will things get better. I very much doubt it.
But that has been mans destiny since year dot.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the review !
Wow. I was educated by this. You write so well. As for the message, i think everybody should really think about the direction in which the world is heading right now. To be honest, it's quite scary.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

You are right
Not many think of the consequences.
Thank you for the review
Avia

6 Years Ago

You're welcome
It was a nice story t consider. Thank you for providing insights that although have been talked about always but never meant by others. Well done.

Sincerely,
CAPOLAVORO

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much !

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1033 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 2, 2017
Last Updated on September 8, 2017

Author

pia
pia

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by pia


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by pia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..