The Walls of Writer's Block

The Walls of Writer's Block

A Poem by N.Sevilla

A writer's block is empty;

A hollow prison cell.

The walls clearly define

A claustrophobic's hell.

The mind is trapped inside.

Limits are the walls.

Four borders and a ceiling,

In case any idea falls.

Throwing ink around

Into nonsense stains.

Graphite powdered fingers,

Begging for cleansing rains.

The walls are a souless dark:

An eternal starless night.

Waiting for morning dawn

And inspiration's light.

© 2011 N.Sevilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

My news feed has the best timing ever, I can't finish the first three chapters of Divide and in my distracted ADHD-ness I'm procrastinating by staring at random websites until I get annoyed and force myself to write again. This was the first thing I saw on my news feed when I came back to the page. My only disagreement is that it's not always empty sometimes it's so full of stuff that you don't know what to do with it or how to organize or even write it down because nothing seems to work. That's what I'm going through now mixed with a lot of nothing. I have nothing but there's something there and no matter what I do it's crap. I enjoyed your poem though despite my random nitpick.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is very good. You certanly have a good rythem and rhyme to your words, and the way you put those words together was very meaningful. I loved the metaphor of the block as a room, where the walls are stained with nonsense ink. Reminds me of some really annoying points when I've needed to write, couldn't, and wanted to throw something in frustration as a result.
Wonderful work


Posted 12 Years Ago


Deep and thoughtful

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is incredible! It's a perfect description of the hell of writer's block. I loved it! I am adding this to my library!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 12, 2011

Author

N.Sevilla
N.Sevilla

CA



About
I've had this account for several years and I am finally coming back to my writing roots. It's been a joy to write again and look back on my poetry from 10 years ago and see the changes in my life. .. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by N.Sevilla